GA-7VRXP RAID/ATA Promise problems...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GA-7VRXP RAID/ATA Promise problems...

I can't get my computer to boot up with the hard drive plugged into the IDE-3 connection (one of the IDE plugs for controller). I set it up in the BIOS for ATA or RAID, and the controller will recognize it, but after it recognizes the drive, it searches for a boot-up device (floppy, cd-rom, hard drive), and it can't find the hard drive boot-up info. I keep going around in circles... I have reformatted my 120gb hard drive 4 times (40 minutes a pop). I'm so tired of it... any help/suggestions would be appreciated.

Jeff

Forgot to mention, my e-mail is [email protected] if anyone wants to send some info! Or just reply here, thanks!

Jeff

Comment

hA, at least your board works, mine was knackered b4 i even started. Plug it into ide 1 or if its a single drive on its own and save yourself some trouble.

Comment

Works like a charm, turns out I was copying the wrong files to the floppy disk when installing windows xp. Man! The smallest detail always causes the largest problems!

Comment

Hey, I've done dumb stuff like that too: I used to always put the floppy cable on wrong for example.

Comment

Working...
          X