Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats a good motherboard with PCI-express?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whats a good motherboard with PCI-express?

I'd like to keep it around $100 price range and I have an IDE harddrive that I'll have to use with it for now, atleast until I decide to upgrade to sata.

Re: Whats a good motherboard with PCI-express?

It depends on the CPU, but liek I said in your other threads it may be best to wait a little longer for nforce4. They should be released soon. The first motherboards will be around $200 but they will quickly drop in the lower $100's range.

Comment

So I take it we're talking about AMD here then?
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

I was talking about AMD, but Spongbob was not. I just reccomended AMD for his system since it is for gaming.

Comment

I'm talking about an intel based board but I'm holding out for a few days before I reorder just incase I change my mind and something better comes along.
          I can live with out one of my 3 home systems for that long but it'll be awfully tough becuase the one getting updated and getting torn apart to have its guts sold is the one my wife uses to record movies on. She'll get awfully growly if its sitting in peices for too long and I don't like movies going on my puter, just games and my work stuff.
          Last edited by Spongebob; 12-07-2004, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Looking at the title...

There aren't currently any available in ther retail sector. Okay, that's an exaggeration. There's nothing decent under $100, and anything that a gamer and/or enthusiast would use will go for well over $150. I've said it several times and I'll say it again: Wait for nForce 4. They actually may be available, I just haven't looked anywhere but Newegg. Some boards have shipped and should be up on Newegg soon.

Comment

Working...
            X