New Computer Norton Update cause email problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Computer Norton Update cause email problem

Just got a new Dell. Updated Windows and Norton antivirus. Norton keeps asking to install something over and over again. I have rebooted, but still continues to want to install the same file. But the real problem is with the last update, my scanning for email viruses has red x's on it, and no longer works.
    Unsure of what step to take next. Someone told me this is a new problem, could it be, then should I wait for the fix? Or should I go back to before the problem?

Re: New Computer Norton Update cause email problem

Was Norton purchased with the machine from Dell? If so and it is a recent purchase, call them up and tell them to fix it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Norton came with the Dell. They were no help. The mentioned something about clean install using rescue disc. Hey I just got the computer, its rediculous to reinstall windows! Maybe a better solution would be to uninstall Norton and reinstall it, but not update it to where the problem was. (I also created a restore point and labeled it when I first got the computer, I could go back that way)

Comment

Did you actyually pay for Norton or did it come as a free trial? I ask because my Dell came with a free trial already installed. If it is only a free trial do yourself a favor and get AVG or soemthing.

Comment

Working...
        X