Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperately need help overclocking!!!

HI,

I have just bought an Asus A7V266-E and an Athlon XP 1800 and can only manage to get it to 149 fsb(1713mhz). i have no idea wat the problem i i have got a volcano on the cpu running at 48 degrees a rainblower and fans all the way thru the system 256mb of ddr ram leadtek geforce 3 ti200 crystal orb on the chipset.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Would updating bios help the matter?

FSB tweaking puts you at risk of all the other weaknesses in your system because you are overclocking te buses as well....I had a hdd that wouldn't work at all past 136fsb. You need to unlock the multiplier on the processor so you can increase it without increasing the fsb.....My old tbird 1333 with the recalcitrant hdd wouldn't do didly squat on the fsb front but got to 1737 (1603 stable) using the multiplier alone.....

Comment

How would i unlock the multiplier on the new athlon XP's with stuff lying around the house???

Comment

Originally posted by Hotty
        How would i unlock the multiplier on the new athlon XP's with stuff lying around the house???
        not very easily...you need conductive grease, which im guessing you don't just have lying around...

but it can be purchased pretty cheaply and theres LOTS of guides for unlocking XP's..good luck :thumb:

Comment

Or you can check out this:
          http://www.tweaktown.com/document.ph...review&dId=203

It's relatively inexpensive, and comes with everything that you need to unlock your new XP processor. It's also simple to use, and it can be wiped off in case you make a mess and connect the bridges the wrong way. :)
          Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
          My Toys

Comment

I tried using liquid nails then a pencil but failed :(

i need a good non conducive material will glue work???

Comment

Working...
            X