DDR is messing up. WTF???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR is messing up. WTF???

Hey i had 256 DDR at first ran fine, then got another stick of 256 DDR and windows is saying that i only have 490 Mb RAM. Any ideas why it would be doing this. I host some game servers off my this CPU and it would be nice to have that 22 meg of RAM. lol *i did pay for it*...lol. If you could help that would be awsome! Thanks

Re: DDR is messing up. WTF???

Have you tried the new RAM by itself in your system? Does it register as 256? If not then you should prolly look at trying to get a refund or exchange.
    Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

Is that motherboard Dual Channel? If that is then you must have identical sticks of RAM (size and brand) in order for it to run properly, this could be a side effect.

Comment

Originally posted by shibby
        Hey i had 256 DDR at first ran fine, then got another stick of 256 DDR and windows is saying that i only have 490 Mb RAM. Any ideas why it would be doing this. I host some game servers off my this CPU and it would be nice to have that 22 meg of RAM. lol *i did pay for it*...lol. If you could help that would be awsome! Thanks
        Are you using onboard shared video? That can take up your system RAM...

But system specs sure would be nice if you want any help.

Comment

Working...
        X