working not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• working not working

i got maxtor 160GB 7200 rpm. im currently using 20gb on my windows and i tried partitioning using the MS-dos floppy. then i boot to my follpy, when im at <A:/> my keyboard wont work, numlock light off, just plainly dead. on bios my keyboad works and in windows... i need help i need to partition !!! :(

Re: working not working

First off, is the keyboard a USB type? If so and you have an older motherboard, it does not natively support USB devices at the root level so that would explain why it doesn't work. If it is a newer board and doesn't work with a USB keyboard or mouse, you may have this feature disabled within BIOS.

Next up... what OS are you using? If Win9x then you'll need to use the fdisk utility or something similar like Partition Magic (**sucks**). If you've got WinXP installed as the OS, you can simply go into the Administrative Tools area and open up the disk management utility. From there you can partition and format with ease. If you're running a Win2k box, I'll have to let someone else help you out as I'm not familiar with it.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: working not working

Fully-patched 2000 is virtually identical to XP (in this way it is identical), but any version (especially 9x) may have troubles with drives of that size if not patched to a certain point (ie SP1 for XP).

Comment

Working...
      X