xp ics.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• xp ics.....

ok... i have 3 computers hocked up in a network, using a hub (netgear fb105) one computer is connected to the internet (telewest cable) this is shared over the network... it works usually. well last night we had 3 quick power cuts, where everything went off for half a second and then back on, this all happened in the space of 30mins. I thought nothing of it, because i was just watching a film on my computer... bit annoying cos i lost where i was. well when the film finished i tried to get on the ineternet on one of the ics clients, but it just would not work. it would not even reconise the network...
    but the net works perfectly on the ics gateway machine.

it has worked before perfectly never any problems at all. i also run zone alarm pro on all computers. i have uninstalled this on both and tried and no luck.

but i have got it to reconise the network is there, and one of the ics clients reconises the net connection is there but refuses to use it as a connection ??? (will not get any thing connected, but shows up in the network places folder)

any help would be greatly appriated thanks :(

PS sorry about my lack of good english :)

Try rebooting both client and server systems first.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

tried that :( still no luck, any other programs that will work better, must be compatible with zone alarm though

Comment

oh well it working now so nm....

god dam thing.......

Comment

do you know what was wrong with it?
          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

er....... way i fixed it was to use the repair thing on xp (on the gateway), then run network setup thing again on both comps, and it worked. probably just got confused and ****...

i dunno

anyway works now so who gives a........

Comment

Same here: if it works, great!

Comment

Good to see the problem is fixed. XP ICS can be a bit dodgey at times for no apparent reason.
                Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
                Managing Director
                Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

I've never had a problem with it

the only time I had a problem was when my switch locked up and needed rebooting
                  http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

XP ICS is just as crap as Win98 ICS. I've taken to using a freeware prog called AnalogX Proxy (got it from tucows) that works really well with dialup or broadband.

Comment

Working...
                    X