CPU/temperature trouble??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CPU/temperature trouble??

Lately I've been having some troubles with my pc. It seems to be freezing completely at random. I already formatted my HDD and reinstalled Windows XP. When I try to reinstall XP SP2 or Adobe Acrobat Reader, it freezes again! I also installed the Intel Active Monitor (It measures CPU temperature and other). To my surprise the temperature is about 212 degrees fahrenheit at the processor zone (103 degrees celsius) when i'm installing XP sp2 or performing a virusscan. I already have a cooling fan installed on my CPU. Can anyone tell me what the problem is? Is my CPU on it's way to heaven (or hell!!) ?

The specs of my pc are:
    CPU: Intel Pentium 4 1300Mhz,
    Motherboard: Intel D850GB
    Memory: 384 MB (RDRAM)
    Video: NVIDIA GeForce2 MX 64MB

Help!!!!

Thanks,
    Eric

Re: CPU/temperature trouble??

I belive the CPU would have melted at that degree.

Take the case panel off and if the CPU Heatsink is cool enough to touch for a period of time then maybe that program is wrong?

That's about all I can help you with, wait for Yawgm0th to reply.

Comment

Re: CPU/temperature trouble??

Make sure the PCU fan is actually plugged in. Even though those temperatures are impossible (just about any processor would have melted at 100 Celcius), it's still possible that overheating is an issue.

It's also possible (though not too likely) you have some sort of hard drive problem. Just to be safe, download a diagnostic utility from your HDD manufacturer's web site and run it to see if there are any problems with your hard drive.

BTW, did this problem start after you reinstalled Windows, or did you reinstall Windows because of the freezing?

Comment

Working...
      X