X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to burn movies to CD-rw

i need help on how to burn movies on cd-rw and then play them on TV
    What do i need
    Last edited by majicninjamadrox; 12-27-2004, 01:58 PM.

Re: How to burn movies to CD-rw

www.doom9.org Can't really help you more than that unless it is for home videos.
    Last edited by amd_man2005; 12-27-2004, 02:57 PM.

Comment

What do i need to burn movies to cd-rw BESIDES a dvd burner
      and what is this vcd and svcd stuff about
      Last edited by majicninjamadrox; 12-28-2004, 12:36 AM.

Comment

Need to be a bit more specific on what you're wanting to do and what equipment you've got now

For example, if you're burning old home camcorder movies to a CD or a DVD, then you need a TV in card to capture the analog signals from the VCR into your computer. Then you'll need some program to render it to a digital signal and prepare it for burning. Then you'll need either a CD or a DVD burner to actually burn the disc.

If you're wanting to burn DVD movies to a CD (doesn't work real well anyway), then you'll need a converter program and that doesn't take into account any copyright protections that are on the DVD and we won't get into that here

Comment

I downloaded a movie(Resident Evil 2) off the internet
          and now i want to put that movie onto a cd-rw
          so i can watch it on my dvd player on my TV
          I have a cd burner and a blank cd-rw
          I HAVE NO DVD BURNER

i have a movie converter and it says vcd and svcd (super video cd)
          what is vcd svcd what does it do
          god i love these smilies

Comment

http://www.doom9.org/index.html?/mpg/vcdsvcd_faq.htm

http://www.videohelp.com/vcd

http://www.videohelp.com/svcd

Most of the time, any questions about burning, whether CD or DVD can be found at www.doom9.org, a real good site.

Just browse thorugh the FAQs, you'll find what you want.

It's not that I'm putting you off, it's just that there is a wealth of information out there, and it's a good habit to look up things on your own, since you can best determine what you want to know. And every once in awhile, someone can give you bad information.
            Most of the time, a simple Google search will find you much more than you had ever hoped.
            Lots of luck with your project and if you're like most of us, you'll get addicted, then you'll be shopping for a DVD burner and a good authoring program

Comment

stop sending him links!!! just answer!!! OK

1. VCD = smaller less quality DVD on a compact disc (first of it's kind i think, laserdisc than was the DVD today), not... whatever it is DVD stands for. I don't know what this VCD convertor thing u talking about is... so.. if you can play VCD (meaning if your hardware has the ability ot play VCD, then u good). Go get yourself a copy of nero. Nero has the ability to make VCD's. Studio 9 does too, but getting a copy may be harder. My Sonic Recordnow does it too (never used it though). Install the program, select something involving making a VCD, and add the video file and there you go... make sur eu have codecs and stuff that allows the program to read the video file... Not sure if u even need it... but always good to have all the codecs in the world... so get yourself a copy of ACE Mega Codecs Pack.

Comment

I just reread your post. U have a video convertor (meaning a video maker on ur computer?) That's good. Tell it to add your movie that u downloaded and make a SVCD. SVCD = better quality than VCD. BTW... you might need 2 discs and sometimes DVD players wont read CD-RW. ok... further explanation.. if the video u d/led is 700mb... I'm pretty sure you're good. If not, split the video file in half with a program I like to use called Easy video splitter. There's another program called Tmpege or something like that. Ok.. again as I said in the last post, make sure your DVD says "VCD" on it. If not, u are wasting your time. BTW, your PS2 will NOT read it. if you want ot play VCD or Divx on your PS2... post to this message nd I'll tell you. You need a modchip btw... so.. if you don't have one already, don't even bother asking bout the ps2.

EDIT: make sure your DVD "player" says.... I forgot the player
                Last edited by jd53887; 01-06-2005, 04:00 PM.

Comment

Thanks for your help jd53887 that really helped
                  P.S.
                  and sending me links don't tell me ****

Comment

They would have if you'd clicked on them and read them.

Not trying to be a smartass, but I really did think you wanted to learn how to do something.

Comment

mother****er i did click on them and they didn't tell me ****

Comment

Quote from you:
                        "i have a movie converter and it says vcd and svcd (super video cd)
                        what is vcd svcd what does it do"

Quote from me:
                        "Most of the time, any questions about burning, whether CD or DVD can be found at www.doom9.org, a real good site" "Just browse thorugh the FAQs, you'll find what you want"

Hence the links

No need to get personal, just remember, once you've resorted to profanity, you've lost the argument and while you may enjoy sexual relations with your mother, we don't do that around here.

Revel in your ignorance

Comment

Originally posted by majicninjamadrox
                          mother****er i did click on them and they didn't tell me ****
                          Its very obvious that you have a brain malfunction and you should contact the manufacture for a replacement.

Comment

majic try to be civil or else your posts will be edited by s-mods who are lazy yet still edit people's posts :)
                            Case: Thermaltake Xaser III // Power Supply: Thermaltake Butterfly 480w // Motherboard: Chaintech 9CJS Zenith // Processor: Intel Pentium 4 2.4 C // Heatsink: Vantec Aeroflow // Video Card: Asus 9600 XT // Harddrive: Western Digital Raptor 36.7 GB // DVD Burner: Pioneer DVR-A06 // Soundcard: Audigy 2 // Speakers: Logitech Z-680's

Comment

Working...
                            X