How do I get onto a secure internet connection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I get onto a secure internet connection

How do I get onto a secure internet connection using a laptop with a wireless G network card? Sometimes I donate plazma (Biolife) and my laptop picks up a good connection in the building but its secure and I can't get on it. It would be cool to have the web while I wait but I don't know what I need to do when I call to ask for the info.

Re: How do I get onto a secure internet connection

The first thing I would do is to ask the folks where you give plasma if it is even allowed. From there you should be able to get instructions about connection to their network. If they do not allow it and you're still planning on doing this, then you'd be best to look elsewhere for details as this is classified as theft.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: How do I get onto a secure internet connection

Originally posted by Darthtanion
      The first thing I would do is to ask the folks where you give plasma if it is even allowed. From there you should be able to get instructions about connection to their network. If they do not allow it and you're still planning on doing this, then you'd be best to look elsewhere for details as this is classified as theft.

I haven't asked (yet) since as I said before I'm not sure what to ask. I'm extremely new with this wireless card in my laptop since it was a X-mas gift. I was able to get on the web upon bootup at the motel I frequently stay at but I didn't have any idea this was theft since they allow users to plug in the cable downstairs and use it just as the place I donate plazma to has a computer for individuals to schedule appointments while waiting.

Also my own home network must be unsecure just as the motel I'm talking about. How can I make mine secure so my neighbors don't use it but I can use it for my laptop. Is there a way to tell when someones using it becuase I didn't even know this was possible until I got the wireless card. Using Win XP.

Comment

Working...
      X