new case with dell mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new case with dell mobo

im having a bit of a problem. I just bought a new cooler master case and moved all my stuff from my old dell case into the new case. When i went to plug things into the mobo, the plugs were different from the old case and i can't seem to figure out what goes where. is this because i have a dell mobo, and can't replace the case without replacing the mobo? any help would b good...thanks

Re: new case with dell mobo

Dell mobos have special connectors so you can only use a Dell PSU or you'll have to buy special adapters.

Comment

Those adapters are fairly hard to find... Go to a Used parts store and see, if they have any dell PSU's...

But I have a fealing that the conectors you are talking about are for the HDD led, power/reset switches, and stuff like that... Look on the internet for specs on your motherboard if you know what it is... If not take off the front bezel (the plastic bit on the front) and see where the wires from switches and led's go and make a note of it...

eg. the power switch will have two wires coming off of it, find out where they go on that dell connector and plug in your new case power switch connector into where the dell one was supposed to go.

Comment

Originally posted by notocas
        im having a bit of a problem. I just bought a new cooler master case and moved all my stuff from my old dell case into the new case. When i went to plug things into the mobo, the plugs were different from the old case and i can't seem to figure out what goes where. is this because i have a dell mobo, and can't replace the case without replacing the mobo? any help would b good...thanks

It would probably be alot easier and maybe less expensive to ditch the Dell board altogether and just buy a comparable new board at Newegg.com or somewhere like that. I'm guessing it'll probably ony cost you around $30 to $40US. Dell would probably charge you about that much for the plug in extension anyway assuming one actually exsists, plus that new board would most likely allow you to upgrade your system more if you decide to do that sometime down the road.

Comment

sounds like a new mobo to me...thanks guys

Comment

Working...
          X