3DMark05 Messed up my Resolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3DMark05 Messed up my Resolution

3DMark05 messed up my resolutoin in some games. the main game it messed up was Counter-Strike Source, now the screen is in the upper left hand cornor of the screen and there is black space on the botton and on the left of my monitor. i know 3dmark05 did this is there anyway to fix it. i tried changing back the resolutoin and putting defaults on the video setting so that is not it.

Re: 3DMark05 Messed up my Resolution

First of all, unless your desktop was running at a different resolution from 3dmark05, it wont mess up the appearance of windows. Secondly, you need to adjust your monitor so the picture is back in the centre of the screen, as different resolutions\refresh rates need different monitor screen settings

Comment

Hmmm .....I've had problems like this from time to time when resolution was not returned to normal after running a program. A restart usually fixes that.

From your descripion I'm wondering if the problem is not in your computer but rather the monitor itself. Are all of your full screen windows off center? ... If so the problem can most likely be solved by using the adjustments on the monitor itself to center the screen.

Also have you checked your refresh rate to see if it is set at a reasonable speed. (Check monitor specs but 75 or 85 hertz is usually sufficent). Still not sure why but I had a system recently that was set at 72 hertz and I had to change it to 75 in order to keep the video in position on the monitor.

edit: sr4470 beat me to this one....
      Antec 900 case (4 120mm and 1 200mm lighted fans + UFO flashing light set + 2 12" and 1 6" Mutant Mods meteor lights) - Aerogate ll thermal controller - Asus M2N-e SLI - AMD 64 X2 AM2 6400+ - Corsair TX650 PSU - MSI 450GTS Cyclone OC - 2 X 2GB Patriot Extreme Performance PC2 6400 RAM - SATA 320 GB Seagate HD, SATA 300GB Maxtor HD and IDE 80 GB Samsung HD - Floppy Drive/Card Reader Combo - LG SuperMulti Lightscribe 18x DVD RW - Plextor PX-716A DVD r/rw - Windows 7 Home Premium 64

Crude but Effective ... it is a way of life.

Comment

it is not in regular windows, it is just in Counter-strike SOurce.

Comment

Working...
        X