L bridges

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• L bridges

Maybe it's a stupid question, but i'm a real newbie at this things. Why do people close the L1 bridges of an AMD cpu ?
    I guess it's something about oc, wich i want to trie in the future.

The L1 bridges are closed to allow for adjustments to the multiplier.
    Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
    Managing Director
    Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

ok thanks

Comment

yep also some ppl dilibretely lower their multiplyer to aloow them to get a higher fsb...which equals more performance in some things...:afro:

Comment

Yeah.....it's done to "unlock" the multiplier setting of the CPU. With Thunderbirds it was simply a case of penciling in a line with a led Pencil but with the XP's you have to fill in the gaps and then join them with conductive grease....not much harder, but takes a fair bit longer and sometimes doesn't even work.

Comment

yea it doesn;t work with xp2001...it just increases the multiplyer by 0.5 and doesn;t let u adjust it properly....unless u seperate some other bridges with a dremel and join some other bridges as well

Comment

LMAO! *imagines someone hacking away at a XP with a full speed dremel* haha...

Comment

ppl do do it though and with some success. :smokin:

Comment

I know...it's just funny thinking about it though

Comment

yea..if u told ppl a yr ago that they would have to use a dremel to hack around there cpu they'd laugh in your face:afro:

Comment

Working...
                    X