Gigabyte GA-7vrxp

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gigabyte GA-7vrxp

Well I went and did it. I went out intending to buy an Abit Kr7a-133R and ended up with an GA-7vrxp. It was shiny, only one guy at the show had it, I knew nothing about it, and it came in the green box. I had to buy it.

win2K Pro
    Gigabyte GA-7vrxp
    AMD 1800+ XP
    Visiontek Gforce3 ti500
    512MB 333mhz memory
    20Gig WD
    SB 5.1

Here is the question. I am poking around checking the processor speed after standard install. I used AMD's CPUID and it say the my 1800+ XP is running at 1,163 mhz. Should this not be closer to 1500 mhz. any help would be appreciated.

Qubit

I am such a dip..... I had the dip switch for 100/133 mhz set incorrectly. I still think i jump into this board a little too quickly. Any opinion on this board would still be appreciated.

Qubit

Comment

Glad you figured it out quickly. If you're running factory default speeds, then you should be running very nicely at 1553MHz.

The board is a good one. We recently did a review on this model and it scored very well. It also overclocks well, so you have some play room too.
      Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
      My Toys

Comment

post some benchmarks with sandra. My new one is giving a benchmark of about a t-bird 1.2 while running at 1600mxz. XP1900+.

Comment

I got the same kind of problem with my 7VRXP. Sandra shows performances that are only 60% of what it should be.
          I got a Atlon XP 1800+ and 1,54 Ghz is in System settings (which is the good frequency)
          Someone has a solution?

Comment

Make sure the CPU to FSB ratio is 1:1 in the BIOS (or some similar setting)

Comment

Originally posted by [size=6
              Neway[/size]]
              I got the same kind of problem with my 7VRXP. Sandra shows performances that are only 60% of what it should be.
              I got a Atlon XP 1800+ and 1,54 Ghz is in System settings (which is the good frequency)
              Someone has a solution?
              There's a switch on the board called SW1 and obviously this is still in its default position of "on" which has the CPU runnin' at 100MHz FSB so just switch it to "off" and that will get the CPU on the propper 133MHz FSB. The switch is between the BIOS and the south bridge and just to the right. :smokin:
              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Thank you for your answer... but the switch was already on 133MHz.
                I've found the solution on an other forum.
                JUST DISABLE THE SMARTCARD IN THE BIOS.
                It is useless (for me) and it decreases performances.
                Now, Sandra shows very good performances.

Comment

Working...
                X