FSB question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FSB question.

I've just painstakingly checked to make sure my Gigabyte GA-7ZX mobo will play with the new 1.4 Ghz Athlon CPU I intended to buy and after reading through all the BIOS revisions I satisfied my self that all would go according to plan. Alas no. Even though I have the latest BIOS version and drivers for my mobo, the new CPU only clock at 1194 Mhz. I have gone up through the available settings for the system bus speed from 100 to 112 Mhz with equal success but whem I make the last change from 112 to 133 Mhz the darn tootin' thing fails to boot.

Any ideas???

Jumper settings on the board mate

Comment

perhaps your ram voltage or cpu voltage is set too low.....altohugh i don't know if u can even do that on you mobo..it's highly unlikely, but possible that maybe your mobo or cpu is faulty.....also have u tried taking out all other pci cards incase one of them is flaky?

good luck on getting your beast running properly:afro:

Comment

btw wat exactly does it do wen u try to boot up on 133fsb?

Comment

I may be off here but here goes.... Are you sure there is not a setting for either to run 100/133? Let me explain. See on my board I can seet the FSB to either 100 or 133. But lets say I set it to 100...I have another overclocking feature to raise it up to 132 with 1 mhz increments, but in return doing it this way will overclock the PCI bus and other stuff that uses it.

It is called a divider ....just read your manual or download it off of Gigbabytes web site. It will tell you all about it.

Comment

yes i tihnk taht;s if u want to run your cpu at 100mhz fsb:cheers:

Comment

i sell Gigabyte motherboards and they have a jumper on the MTB to set the FSB to 100 or 133 mhz., Make sure you did it or you may never go to 1.4 with your Ahtlon.

Comment

Working...
              X