Dual Channel Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dual Channel Question

Hey. So I had some ecc registered ram. It is a single stick of 1gb. I was told it was for servers. So I got my self http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...145-480&depa=1 << that stuff. After I installed this ram, I noticed that my load times got a lot slower.I was wondering.. how do i know if it is running in dual channel. Do I have to put the ram in any specific slots on the motherboard? And btw I have a ASUS k8v-se deluxe motherboard. And the other registered stick... should I leave it in the extra slot or not?

Re: Dual Channel Question

Your motherboard manual will show you what slots to place the memory in for dual channel. After that it simply handles the rest on its own. You might also look into the BIOS for the memory timings as this can make a difference in overall memory performance.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

There is nothing at all in the manual about Dual Channel.

Comment

Sorry, didn't look at the mainboard you had listed. Socket754 does not support dual channel memory configurations; this is a Socket939 feature.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

my socket 478 supports dual channel, if the manual doesn't specify 1 & 3 and 2 & 4 for dual channel your board wont support it
          E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Originally posted by ANZAC_ELITE
            my socket 478 supports dual channel
            And what does that have to do with anything? We're talking about socket 754...

Comment

that wasn't the point I was making........... the next part of the post is
              E8600@ 4.25GHz~Thermalright Ultra 120 eXtreme~Foxconn Blackops~4GB Kingston HyperX DDR3 1625 at 1700MHz (8-8-8-24-2N) 1.916v~Asus 9800GTX~18x Pioneer 212 DL SATA DVD-RW~320GB WD SATAII~Antec True Power Trio 650W~Thermaltake Soprano~Vista Ultimate x64 SP2/Win7 RC1

Comment

Ok then in a socket 478 that supports dual channel dont all the slots support it or only 2 of the 4 slots support it?

Comment

Working...
                X