Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motherboard ABIT IC7-G problem

Hello all:
    I just bought ABIT motherboard IC7-G, intel P4 3.0Ghz, and 1G DDR3200 kingstin. after I put everything together and I started comp up then the alarm went off continous. I don't know what wrong with it. if any experts are in here know what is cause this problem please give me advice I am gving up now. thank you

Re: Motherboard ABIT IC7-G problem

In my experience with something like that usually means something isn't seated correctly. Such as the processor, memory, video card, power connectors, etc. Does the screen show anything? What other components do u have?

Comment

Well a better description of your problem would help. What kind of alarm? I'm assuming the speaker, but we need to know how it was beeping (the pattern) You also ought to try taking it apart and putting it back together again.

Comment

It will be annoying but with the alarm sounding go into the BIOS and start disabling the inbred alarm functions you see in there. In my case it happened to be one of the alarm settings for having a HSF for the processor running at a certain speed... only problem with this is that I use water cooling and the sink has no fan. Once you get all alarms turned off you will want to reboot... which should take care of the immediate problem. After this is done and you have a quiet operation going you can go back in and enable the alarms you want working and leave the others off.

BTW... this is not an Intel (IC7-G) problem as my alarm woes were caused by a s939 mainboard.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

I run an IC7-G on my main rig, and by default the low fan RPM alarm is off, but the CPU high temp alarm is ON at 70C I believe. Thats the only 2 alarms I can recall that would go off during normal operation, as there is no low NB fan speed alarm etc..

Comment

Thank you for your informations, here is what happen when I powered up the system and I heard one beep then alarm went off continous.During alarm was making noise, I took memory, video, and then unplug hard drive, but It was not help at all. the sound continue went off. it really weird that I able to go to BIOS setup and I can install OS if I ignore the noise it works ok for me, but I worry that I will burn more than 1000 dollars for this comp. today I already return memories, CPU and hard drive, but motherboard I cannot return because I bought from internet. I will buy cpu and mem tomorrow try again; I will let you know. thank you

Comment

I hope you don't mean you did all of that while the PC was powered on. If its beeping but you can do everything fine and the PC is working fine, just unplug the speaker and ignore it...they sometimes can be messed up.

Comment

Hello,

I do not want to create a separate thread, because my problem is similar:

I've bought an ABIT IC7-G MB, A P4 3.0 GHZ (800 Mhz FSB, 1 Mb cache) processor, 512 Kingston DDR Ram (running on 400 Mhz), Samsung 120 Gb SATA HDD, Super Graphic ATI Radeon 9800 with a Low Noise CPU cooler (I believe Chieftec) and a low noise power supply, 360 Watts. I use my old mobile rack /it is only connected, not used at the moment/ and an LG 4160b DVD rewriter bought 1 month ago.

The problem is: after putting the system together, at different points it simply restarts. It can be seconds after power-on /CPU and everything else is cold/, or after 1-2 hours of gaming. Sometimes after restart the system does not want to start up, it looks that CPU is not receiving power. When I unwind the cooler screws a little /so they are not so tightly fixed/ the system can start up, but reboot is happening again.

The power supply was already changed once from the original 300 Watts to this 360 Watts. The processor temperature is continually checked by a tool on ABIT driver CD, it is usually between 46 and 60 celsius.

I suspect some type of MB problem, but I am not sure. Has anyone ever experienced such a situation? What can be the solution to this?

And one other interesting thing: When I set in the BIOS to turn off when CPU cooler vent fails, after power-on the system immediately stops. Can it mean a problem with cooler?

Thanks in advance,

Gogulus
                Last edited by gogulus; 01-25-2005, 03:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by gogulus
                  Hello,

I do not want to create a separate thread, because my problem is similar:

I've bought an ABIT IC7-G MB, A P4 3.0 GHZ (800 Mhz FSB, 1 Mb cache) processor, 512 Kingston DDR Ram (running on 400 Mhz), Samsung 120 Gb SATA HDD, Super Graphic ATI Radeon 9800 with a Low Noise CPU cooler (I believe Chieftec) and a low noise power supply, 360 Watts. I use my old mobile rack /it is only connected, not used at the moment/ and an LG 4160b DVD rewriter bought 1 month ago.

The problem is: after putting the system together, at different points it simply restarts. It can be seconds after power-on /CPU and everything else is cold/, or after 1-2 hours of gaming. Sometimes after restart the system does not want to start up, it looks that CPU is not receiving power. When I unwind the cooler screws a little /so they are not so tightly fixed/ the system can start up, but reboot is happening again.

The power supply was already changed once from the original 300 Watts to this 360 Watts. The processor temperature is continually checked by a tool on ABIT driver CD, it is usually between 46 and 60 celsius.

I suspect some type of MB problem, but I am not sure. Has anyone ever experienced such a situation? What can be the solution to this?

And one other interesting thing: When I set in the BIOS to turn off when CPU cooler vent fails, after power-on the system immediately stops. Can it mean a problem with cooler?

Thanks in advance,

Gogulus
                  when the bios boots up it auto detects one of three modes to go into.I found with a similar configuration to yours that my system would lock up! I discovered that disable the auto mode and put the setting to turbo.
                  Auto detect sends the motherboard to grand prix speed and causes major sytem lockups.
                  after turbo was set no problems ever occured again

Comment

I would recomend against the above statement... when you set it to turbo it is overclocking it which does increase temps, and your temps are a bit to high. High temps are often the cause of random reboots as the CPU shuts itself down at a predetermined temperature.

Comment

well the non auto function only provides three settings turbo,formula one,grand prix the auto function puts the system to grandprix speed by default.

setting it to turbo fixes the problem as i said in the above posts.
                      I have the identical board had the same problem and every time it started on auto it froze up.My temps are in the 30s constantly.
                      It is aproblem with the bios i am hoping gets fixed with a new update.

Comment

well to the second post i replied too, I would look at your cpu cooler.aluminium copper ones seem to cool much better than all copper ones.I am using my standard intel at the moment because my zalman al-copper wont fit to the ic7-g mothernoard.I am sitting on the same temps as you are.under load.

I read the manual today and check the pwm temp if you are using abit -eq to monitor temps.there is a new bios that gives more accurate temps for the system.If the pwm temp is up the cpu goes with it.Abit suggest better ventilation for the case etc.to solve the problem.
                        My previous post regards the bios setting has worked till today when i put it back to auto to test it and suddenly it worked on auto for the first time with no problem.{Was very spooky after seeing it to refuse to work on auto for two months}

Comment

I just ran into the same problem with the alarm going off with a new ABIT IC7-G board. THe problem was that my heatsink was not seated properly ... I check out the pc health status in the bios and noticed that my cpu temp was hitting 90c, which was triggering the alarm.

Comment

Working...
                          X