No announcement yet.

Should PC Powerplay have an X-Box section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should PC Powerplay have an X-Box section?

If you are a reader of PC Powerplay, here is something that might interest you. PC Powerplay are to remove existing PC content to make way for a new section on the X-Box. That's right, an X-Box section in a PC magazine! Do you think the X-Box section should be there?
    Yes
    0.00%
    Undecided
    0.00%
    No
    100.00%

do they feature any other console info? if not, then it's a stupid move.. obviously MS are paying them a fair bit

Comment

This topic has been discussed time and time again in the PCPowerPlay forums. With consoles becoming more and more like PCs, the XBox section might be pretty interesting. Before criticising, have a look at the section to see whether or not you like it.

Comment

I can see where you are coming from, and I'm sure that what i'm about to say has been said before too... but here goes.

PC Powerplay.. The name says it all.. It's a PC mag. As far as I know, they've never really delved into any other console stuff. Then it wouldn't be a PC mag, would it? So why start now? There are many other publications dedicated to both the whole console family and each console by itself. Obviously they are trying to jump in on this market. Which is fair enough. But if they only add the X-Box to their mag, then I'd be getting a little suspicious. Why only the X-box? Why not the PS2 / Gamecube? It just seems a little strange that they only add the one....

Comment

Yeh they obviously want to broaden their market a little bit. Some people like consoles and PCs as well. Why not make them happy? :)

PCPP didn't remove much of their PC content for the XBox section, not to mention the fact that none of us have seen this new section yet. I'm sure if everyone hates it, they'll remove it. But before then, give it a chance.

Comment

The angle i'm trying to come from is though it's supposed to be a PC mag, isn't it? While an X-Box is getting close to a PC, it's still a totally different piece of hardware...

I'm not really fussed personally what they do with the mag... i haven't read it in a while.. i'm just saying what I think about the concept of a PC mag branching off...

Comment

Fair enough, there are many different viewpoints of this topic. We won't all have the same opinions each time :)

Comment

we never seem to have the same opinion at any time. ;)

Comment

X-Box doesn't seem appropriate for a PC mag in my opinion.
                  Do they know that X-Box has a publication already devoted solely to it's audience?

And I can't help but wonder (forgive me, just an innate curiosity on my part), why was the other thread closed?
                  It existed first, does a thread containing a poll take precedence over a thread without selection of radio buttons to choose from?
                  The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                    X-Box doesn't seem appropriate for a PC mag in my opinion.
                    Do they know that X-Box has a publication already devoted solely to it's audience?
                    Yeah, even though the X-Box has three ( I think ) dedicated publications doesn't even seem to enter the pro X-Box peoples minds. I think the majority of PCPP readers would like the idea of a feature being done on the X-Box, but a regular section replacing PC content is what is really getting up peoples noses.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. C
                      And I can't help but wonder (forgive me, just an innate curiosity on my part), why was the other thread closed?
                      It existed first, does a thread containing a poll take precedence over a thread without selection of radio buttons to choose from?
                      Apparently someone didn't like the fact that one of the threads in the BG was going off-topic.. Heavens forbid.... next thing we know all the threads will be closed... :)

Comment

Well at the rate you and I are drifting in the general direction of a PP, this thread is as doomed as Pompeii.
                        The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

but we are still discussing something in relation to the X-box topic.. it was another x-box thread that got cut.. maybe it's a sign that people want less x-box, so the magazine shouldn't do it.. :D or not.

Comment

Have to wonder if the magazine has hit troubled times already and trying to expand their appeal to a new audience.
                            *was that in time to save the little radio buttons?*

Comment

good enough.. :) anyway, where were we? oh yeah, the closure of the other thread.. It's kinda sad really. It's very rare that a thread around here gets closed, and I don't see anything wrong with that other thread.. I think some people need to take a look and ask themselves why they really closed it..

Comment

Working...
                              X