Asus socket 1155
    Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR31866
    PNY geforce 9600gt PCI-E 512Mb
    HP w1907 widescreen LCD
    Creative sound blaster X-Fi Titanium
    Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD
    1TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD

Re: Is this a good mobo choice

Looks the part but for that price im sure you could shop around a get a dual pci-e mobo (Nvidia SLI) so you can rig to cards together in the future and have your graphics running at stupid sppeds.
    Gigabyte G1.Sniper rev 1.0 (F3a Beta Bios)
    Intel Core i7 920 (overclocked to 4.35ghz)
    8gb (4 x 2gb) G.Skill RipJaws Red 2133mhz 9-11-9-28 2T 1.62v
    OCZ Vertex 2 120gb Solid State Drive
    Western Digital 500gb RE2 HDD
    Sony DVD/DL/RAM/Lightscribe 22x Drive
    2 x Saphire ATI Radeon 5830 GFX Cards (Crossfire)
    Coolermaster Realpower 850w PSU
    Windows 7 64bit Proffesional Edition

Comment

The only PCI-E slot it has is the 16X for the graphics. IMO it's stupid to get a PCI-E board without any smaller PCI-E slots. If you want good value, get this.

Comment

I am not too keen on SLI. The way i see it when your GPU gets outdated its better to replace it with new technology which anyway is likely to double performance.

Yawgm0th's point about the smaller PCI-E slots though is a good one. When will we see soundcards etc start to come out for these slots?

How abt this mobo then

Don't comment on pricing because things may differ in my part of the world. I've been looking around amd this is one of the best deals here. Just tell me if the features etc are adequate. In the above review it outperforms more expensive alternatives. I could use the firewall too.

1 more question. This system will have a socket 939 3000+, 2x512mb DDR 400, PCI-E geforce 6600gt, 80gb 7200rpm HD, DVD/CD-RW combo, Audigy 2zs. Will an Antec 350W PSU give me perfect stability. Or should i get the more expensive 430W?
        Sandy Bridge Pentium G840
        Asus socket 1155
        Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR31866
        PNY geforce 9600gt PCI-E 512Mb
        HP w1907 widescreen LCD
        Creative sound blaster X-Fi Titanium
        Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD
        1TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD

Comment

That board should do, but I'd suggest you do as the article says and change the HT speed to 1000MHz since the board can handle it. If you don't do that, it's not worth it.

For the PSU, I'd go for a 480W if possible, but no less than a quality (Antec, OCZ, Thermaltake, Enermax, Sparkle, etc. ) 420W will do. I strongly recommend 480W, but there's no way {I'd try that with a 350W.

Comment

Working...
          X