Java problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Java problem

Originally from CT, and now living in PA I am not able to see a lot of the UConn Men's College Hoops games. So ones I can't see, I listen to using the yahoo sports broadcasts....or at least I used to. I've had Windows XP Pro on my laptop for some time and it has the old Microsoft Java VM on it. It still works fine.

However, on the desktop I built a few months back, I installed Windows XP Pro from a disc that had SP2 already on it. The desktop does not have the Microsoft Java VM on it, so I installed the Sun Microsystems Java 1.5.1 on the desktop.

Well, since I'm posting here, you know what happened....it didn't work.

It goes through that its loading the applet, and then shows "Error on page" in the left corner and stops loading. The error says:
    Line: 102
    Char: 4
    Error: java.lang.Exception: java.lang.Exception: Unable to select a method, ambiguous parameters
    Code:0
    URL: http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/gamech...29&audioID=129
    Please help...I need my college hoops.

Any way to get the old Microsoft Java VM? I googled it but got mostly junk.
    Any way I can tweak the settings for the Sun Microsystems Java 1.5.1?

Thanks.
    Last edited by Wannabe Actuary; 03-02-2005, 10:17 PM.

Re: Java problem

I'm not a java guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have the old JavaVM install program saved off. I'm sure you'll want to remove the Sun version before using it though. If you send me your email address through PM, I'll shoot it to you via email. The file is an exe and about 5MB in size, so if this is too large for your ISP email client, we'll set something else up.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
      I'm not a java guru by any stretch of the imagination, but I do have the old JavaVM install program saved off. I'm sure you'll want to remove the Sun version before using it though. If you send me your email address through PM, I'll shoot it to you via email. The file is an exe and about 5MB in size, so if this is too large for your ISP email client, we'll set something else up.
      Thanks man...I PMed you a day or two ago. Still haven't gotten the email yet.

Comment

I emailed it that morning and haven't received an error message from either mail service. I'll upload it and send you the link through PM.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
          I emailed it that morning and haven't received an error message from either mail service. I'll upload it and send you the link through PM.
          Not sure what happened. As far as I know Gmail doesn't have small size limits. Got your PMs...thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X