Damn you CPU Fan!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Damn you CPU Fan!

Dammit the fan on my Volcano 6CU+ just died in the arse whilst playing Medal of Honor (excellent game btw - get it). Funny enough the same system killed the fan on my Thermoengine - twice! I suspect the fan headers on my MSI K7T Turbo LE are absolute bollocks.....

could be the headers, or the cheap fans the put on most HSF's
    Now's a good time to buy a HIGH QUALITY replacement fan, and maybe a wire adapter to get it off the MB headers

Comment

It turns out its the header on the board - I remember it being a problem with the KT133 boards but I thought that issue would have been sorted by now - so many systems run 7000rpm fans nowadays.

Comment

yeah dont plug 7000rpm fans into yer MB, i've seen a few do it, but usually it isnt the fan that dies the MB just stops supplying it with power. plug the fans power using an adapter into the PSUs molex plugs and see if it works again.

Comment

yep, running of the PSU is MUCH better, over doing the mobo headers can actually damage the mobo!

Comment

I did that with an older board, before I knew what happened. Actually screwed up the board before the headers gave out. I started getting weird errors. I thought the the peripherals were dodgy. When the headers finally burned out, I realized what I had done. Replaced the board and plugged fans into PSU. Everything that I thought was going bad, works fine now. Only cost a couple bucks for a 3 to 4 pin adapter, if you don't already have one. Not worth the risk of screwing up you MB.

JM :afro:
            Have you hugged a Midget today?

Comment

Working...
            X