Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Monitor Question (BNC vs 15 Pin)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another Monitor Question (BNC vs 15 Pin)

Maybe we need a monitor forum as well...

Ok, I have a very beefy BNC monitor cable. It attaches to with a male 15 pin connection to the video card, and it connects a monitor with BNC. My prize monitor (Samsung Syncmaster 950p) has BOTH connections, and you can switch between the two by using the monitor adjustment controls.

My question is, which cable will give me the best performance. There probably isn't a difference, but if there is, I will use the better connection on my fast system (1.4 Ghz T-Bird, Gladiac GF2 GTS)

My plan is to use my monitor for my beefiest system 99.5% of the time, and as a back up, have the other connection (whichever i don't use) hooked up on a long monitor extension to my computer 4th in line (which doesn't deserve or need a monitor) and access that computer win VNC 100% of the time, unless VNC errors out and I need to see what error message it is giving me. In which case I will toggle over my monitor.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this? What differences might I see?

Comment

I've never had the chance to try a BNC connection though they are reputed to give a better signal over the standard connection. :smokin:
      <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Ok, thanks... If, during your vast travels of computer tech sites, stumble across a technical article about it Wiggo, I'd be appreciative... :thumb:

Comment

Yeah n/p with that. ;)

Comment

zeradul, My eyes will be looking for ya also

Comment

Comment

Working...
              X