Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD up side down?

Hi.
    Anyone knows if I can install HDD up side down? Would it work?

Having the drive upside down makes no different to the drive.
    The things you need to be careful of ar making sure there is clearance, so the circuit board does not touch and short out,
    That the cables are plugged in correctly (upside down .backwards will kill the drive!!!) and you may need to clean out the case more often, depending on how quickly dust accumulates.

Comment

having the cable plugged in upsidedow/backward is almost impossible, but even if you manage it , as some cables don't have the notch, - it won't kill the drive

it'll simply not work - oh sure it'll spin up, but there won't be any data flowing

anyone disagreeing with this, and who have killed hdd's by doing so, are invited to send in their stories to www.harddrivehell.com ;)

and yeah - having the drive upside down makes no difference, but it's generally not considered a good idea to have it on edge

:afro:

Comment

Thank you, I wanted to know if The HDD working upside down, I will have two HDDs and between them a water cooling block. So one of the HDDs must be upside down.

Comment

Just for the record, which side is up? I just installed my WD HDD with the circuit side down and mounted it below my FDD. Just curious.

Comment

the circuitry side of the HDD is the bottom
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Hehhehehehehehhehehehehe

Comment

Working...
              X