Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voltage Values not matching

Hey all, long time no post.

I've been having some 'lag' issues with this computer lately... errr I thought it was lag over my wireless... but I'm hardwired now and still experiencing it. Anyway, I'm just kinda going thru everything and with Everest HE, I found a few voltage values that were off. The 2 in question are

+3.3 v stable at 2.95
    -5 V stable at -3.30

Would these values cause system instablity? Especially while playing a game? And, if so I would assume power supply, possibly motherboard?

Now my CMOS battery is dead, but I don't think this should cause anything, but I'll let you guys tell me.

Thanks for the help guys.

Re: Voltage Values not matching

The CMOS battery will change your settings in BIOS back to safe ones if you had any special settings applied (ie: memory voltage).

But yes those voltages don't look good (well outside the +/- 5% mark) though what did these read before instability (did you even check back then)?

Another possible cause is that Windows has become unstable itself and needs a fresh install.

Many other things can cause instability as well like a dust build up but I'll take it that you know about that already.

Comment

Re: Voltage Values not matching

Thanks for the reply.

I am on a fairly newer reinstall... about 3 months. I'm now experiencing some sound issues as well (sound cutting out, etc). I guess I'll try another total reinstall, with a new CMOS battery ;) and well, a total rebuild of the same components, reseating everything and making it dust free. If that doesn't cut it, guess it's time to start looking at new components :D (my wife's gonna hate me)

EDIT: I did test the PS when I first got it (2 years now) and everything was almost perfect.

Comment

Working...
      X