Modem driver for Linux?? *S*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Modem driver for Linux?? *S*

I know .. I Know.. this is a Linux section and there's a modem section, but I think it will be more fruitful to start here.

I have a U.S. Robotics PCI Hardware modem ( I know i'ts hardware because of the cost, size, and chipset. But my Mandrake 8.2 tries to configure it, but can't saying it cant configure a sofware modem, or win modem. Any ideas for a work around? It is really a harware modem made by 3Com.

Got 8.2 Mandrake last night at the Kalamazo Linux User's Group, Bern! I bought their download 3 cd version.. sweet.. Very sweet! I can now use 800 X 600 with 24 bit color on my nVidia AGP card, and before I only got problems, or had to drop down to almost nill for resolution. I think the XFree86 ver 4.2. had something to do with it working right now. *S* Their web site is as follows: http://www.kalamazoolinux.org/

They are very near the point of being the most active Linux Users group in the USA. *S*

I've connected to my ISP from Linux before.. both by way of the LAN, and by way of the modem.. Just forgot how I did it now ROFL!

Catch ya later!

Cheers!

There is a sight which deals with Winmodems and their use in Linux.....if it is a HCF modem then you have no chance.....

there is a good article on Linuxnewbie.org (see link) that may help...it actually deals with PCI hardware modems....

If this article doesn't help then try google for linux drivers for winmodems...that's where I found the link dealing them before.....

Good luck

Comment

The USR site has some .rpm's available (beta) for some models of PCI modems.
      They my well have been developed for Redhat if I remember right, don't know if that makes a huge difference or not?
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Do you have the nvidia linux driver installed?
        For the modem have a look at the modem How-to.
        p-two.net

Comment

Working...
        X