Need some advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need some advice

Ok i need some help here.. i just got a new HSF: Volcano 6cu+ (loud bugger)

my set up:
    HX08 case there is an 80 mm fan intake on the bottom.. there is a hole over the proc with a 80mm fan there as well.. along with that Volcano 6cu+ i cannot get my temps down below47.5 idle..
    this is what i have in my case..
    1.1 athlon not OC'ed asus a7v133

everything else is mounted outta the way with thier own cooling, above the motherboard there are 2 80mm fans out and one of those 5 1/2 drive bay cooler thingies.. so there is sufficient cooling there..

anyideas on how to get my cpu temps cooler.. using what i have??? Also note that i have a new baby and a wife that does not work at the moment; and working as a system analist at a software company does not paywell.. so whatever your ideas are will have to be cost effective.. thanks for your time ..
    loopy

:thumb:

If ya using the Asus monitoring hardware/software then you may well find that it's inaccurate as most are but you can get something like a CompuNurse or a more expensive DigitalDoc5 (which is also a fan bus) to check and make sure. ;)
    <center></center>

Comment

Are you using the pink thermal pad that came with the 6CU+ or thermal paste like Arctic Siilver II?

Comment

hehe i would love to get a DigitalDoc5 but a bit too much $$$ (if my wife reads this here i would like one for christmas!!) and about a compunurse; i tried to order one in from bigfootcomputers in Toronto, but thier shipping company only takes Visa.. (i only have mastercard..) so for the time being i have to use the software monitors.. i am using hmonitor; asus probe and my bios to these readings.. i also hear that they are +/- 7 deg cel.. so.. i do not think i trust that.. they all read the same temps though.. 47.5 idle and 53 under load..
        :confused:

Comment

i removed the tape and put arctic silverII on.....

i love these little faces.. heheheh

Comment

Yeah they are the best!

Comment

Originally posted by Loopy
              hehe i would love to get a DigitalDoc5 but a bit too much $$$ (if my wife reads this here i would like one for christmas!!) and about a compunurse; i tried to order one in from bigfootcomputers in Toronto, but thier shipping company only takes Visa.. (i only have mastercard..) so for the time being i have to use the software monitors.. i am using hmonitor; asus probe and my bios to these readings.. i also hear that they are +/- 7 deg cel.. so.. i do not think i trust that.. they all read the same temps though.. 47.5 idle and 53 under load..
              :confused:
              You could try these guys too - I'm not sure if they take MC or not

http://www.e-compuvision.com/

Comment

ty i will check em out.. maybe after christmas buy a compunurse... hehehe

Comment

:D

1) I've found Motherboard Monitor 5, corrected some of the errors on my Ausus and MSI rigs. It's not dd5, but its easier than incerting a prob.

2)AS2, AA, and lap the bottom of the hs.

3) You can use the prob to find your hot spots in the case, indicates the dead airflow areas.

I'm betting its the T compound and your T reading method. Probly
                  7c+. Was on my Asus, maybe closer to 10c. been a bit since I played with that mobo.

GL:thumb:

Comment

Working...
                  X