• Show
Clear All

• K8NF-9 problem ? if i raise FSB->hangs or blue screen

I have a very wierd problem.
    1.st here`s my system
    amd64 3000+ 939
    1gb DC OCZ 3200 rev.2
    k8nf-9 mobo....rest doesnt matter i guess

so here we go.... if i raise the fsb only by ..lets say ..a goddamn 1 , yes 1 mhz ...the system hangs or it resets after the windows finish loading or it shows me the magical BLUE SCREEN. IRQ_not..blabla

i tryed messing around with voltage...i tryed lowering the HTT multiplyer to 4, i tryed to change the memory slots,changing sata from 0 to 1 ...etc...

im going kinda mad ... please help

o yeah...i also uploaded all the drivers and flash the bios with the latest one.... nuh ..same ****
    Last edited by udovics; 04-15-2005, 03:47 PM.

Re: K8NF-9 problem ? if i raise FSB->hangs or blue screen

I'm not familiar with that particular motherboard but if you delve into the manual a bit you'll want to look for something along the lines of a setting that allows you to adjust the FSB and memory settings yourself. In most cases you'll find you need to make this one setting change so the motherboard's built in "brain" doesn't try to go ahead and take control of the settings for you. This setting will open the door for overclocking (if the motherboard properly supports this at least), so check out the manual and see what you can find.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Originally posted by Darthtanion
      I'm not familiar with that particular motherboard but if you delve into the manual a bit you'll want to look for something along the lines of a setting that allows you to adjust the FSB and memory settings yourself. In most cases you'll find you need to make this one setting change so the motherboard's built in "brain" doesn't try to go ahead and take control of the settings for you. This setting will open the door for overclocking (if the motherboard properly supports this at least), so check out the manual and see what you can find.
      hmm what are you talking about ?? ...enabled the OC settings...hmmm but thats not the problem...BTW its CTRL+1 for this MB......

but now i have an even bigger problem... im having some problems...so i setted the bios to default but the problem wont go away

so the problem is... the last thing i see is VERIFIYING DMI POOL DATA,...after that it just resets...and that goes in circle...im kinda desperate...

Comment

Did u try resseting the CMOS.

About the overclocking problem- im not entirely sure but i've heard the FSB on an A64 is called hypertransport? In that case read the below review of your board

Its not a true nforce4, not supposed to run at HT speeds of 1000mhz. In the review they were lucky and able to do it but thats no guarantee that you would. Still i understand your frustration- raising by 1mhz shouldn't cause problems.

I was abt to buy that mobo, would u reccomend it?
        Sandy Bridge Pentium G840
        Asus socket 1155
        Corsair 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR31866
        PNY geforce 9600gt PCI-E 512Mb
        HP w1907 widescreen LCD
        Creative sound blaster X-Fi Titanium
        Corsair Performance Pro 256GB SSD
        1TB Hitachi Deskstar HDD

Comment

Originally posted by Arjun
          Did u try resseting the CMOS.

About the overclocking problem- im not entirely sure but i've heard the FSB on an A64 is called hypertransport? In that case read the below review of your board

http://www.gamepc.com/labs/view_cont...gbnf44x&page=1

Its not a true nforce4, not supposed to run at HT speeds of 1000mhz. In the review they were lucky and able to do it but thats no guarantee that you would. Still i understand your frustration- raising by 1mhz shouldn't cause problems.

I was abt to buy that mobo, would u reccomend it?
          after my problems i shure wont recomend it...but some ppl have luck with it and they say its a gd mb for that price , bur im going on a DFI .
          btw someone also tested some gigabyte drivers problem...they kinda lower the performance...
          i f hate giga-byte now

Comment

Originally posted by udovics
            after my problems i shure wont recomend it...but some ppl have luck with it and they say its a gd mb for that price , bur im going on a DFI .
            btw someone also tested some gigabyte drivers problem...they kinda lower the performance...
            i f hate giga-byte now

huh Gigabyte drivers ?!?! I never install those I ALWAYS go and get the newest 1 out of the box. My Gigabyte CD just stays in the box.

Comment

All I can say from this is reset Cmos and if that does not work send the f**king thing back. And get a new one, that is a good motherboard. Not as good as the DFI's..... but still good none the less. RMA

Comment

Working...
              X