Enermax PSU...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enermax PSU...

OK, i've finally decided to get myself a new case + PSU.. I'm gonna get that lovely Enermax case that Tweak recently reviewed.. and I'm just wondering what the Enermax PSU's are like.. I saw one at pccasegear.com.au for $134 (350W)... Is there any other brand I should be looking at?

I looked through that review too, and I am familiar with that case.

Its a great case, but I just hate the door! If I have cool looking drives that are meant to be seen! And how am I going to see my digital doc??? Not only that, if I am burning a cd, I better not close the door on accident, or when it gets done the tray will shove into the door.

I don't like how the removable drive bays are set up so that the clips are accessable from the front. Thats stupid. If I am going to re-arrange drives, I am gonna do have to open the side to unhook the cables anyways, so what good does it do me to have them accessable from the front... ! No good at all!

Not to mention theft... If i was at a lan, even if i locked it, someone else has that model case, and thus, the same key.

I wish a company would make that case without the door, and if they MUST do the drive rails, have them accessable from the inside. It would not be that hard, just have one side of the clip engage into the edge of the 5 1/4 inch bay, and poof... problem solved.

Everything else in that case is top notch. I just hate the door !!, plus even if you took the door off, you still have the silly looking indentations for the drive rails.

NOW DON'T start defending your case, I'm not attacking you if you like it, I just think that if it was re-designed like i suggest, most would like it more. (BTW is there a case like I described, from a top notch producer like enermax or Antec??????????????????????... I want it!)

Comment

interesting points... hmm... but as I was asking.. what about the PSU? anyone like / hate enermax psu's? or can suggest something better (similar price)?

Comment

i bought a 300W enermax psu for the family comp, it rawks
        lotsa power connectors and the cables are pretty long too :)
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

that's what I wanted to hear... thanks..

Comment

Originally posted by Beefy
            that's what I wanted to hear... thanks..
            and now you heard it :)
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

also concider Aopen PSU's...not sure if you can get them by themselves though...but they are VERY good:thumb:

Comment

you can buy aopen PSUs seperatly. auspcmarket, eyo, gamedude and a few others have them
                TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

cool :thumb:

Comment

Ive got the 350Watt Enermax one and its excellent. Hasnt stuffed up yet either

Comment

Hehe, I apologize for that rant landing in your thread Beefy, but it was on my mind with no where else to put it! Hehe...

A friend got a 350Watt dual fan 'Whisper' enermax PSU, and the cables are insanely long. Especially the mobo connection, I would say it was at least TWO FEET long, if not 2.5 feet!

We just looped it and zip tied it out of the way, but WOW, it was easily 3 times longer than any other PSU I have ever seen. It is top notch, and queit, with loads of device connetions. (like 8 or 9 I think, and on top of that I am fairly sure it had 3 floppy connections!?!)

Comment

i have a 550watt one, its one sweet power supply.
                        the only problem i have with enermax p/s is that the cables are "too" long, but carefull placement should fix this

also the aopen ones are good too.

i have had good experiences with both brands :P

Comment

Thanks.. I've got my supply on order now.. Gonna hold off on the case for a while...

Comment

I would be that friend that Zeradul referenced. I love my Enermax PSU, but the cables are silly in length. They would be really handy is I wanted to install a drive 3 feet away from the PSU, but I really don't ever want to. The MOBO connector is about 18 inches long, which is just ridiculous. I haven't seen a case with a PSU that far from the MOBO, ever.

I do like the power connector configuration. If you have a case with four 5 1/4" bays you will find that having a power cord with four ends in a row on it to make your case very clean looking, but the 2 extra feet don't do anything but annoy you.

If you have some room to stuff extra feet of power cord, go for an enermax, but if you're concerned with organization, or just really anal, you might see if you can get something with smaller cords, or maybe get a bigger case, like something around 5 feet tall.

Comment

:) fair enough. I'm still waiting for mine to come in.. :(

Comment

Working...
                              X