OverClocking p4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OverClocking p4

I was wondering if when i bought a p4 1.8ghz northwood, would i be able to overclock to 2.2ghz or even 2.09ghz and get the same results?

If so would i need a very elaborate cooling system?
    Would i lose large amounts of stablility?

Originally posted by Unregistered
    I was wondering if when i bought a p4 1.8ghz northwood, would i be able to overclock to 2.2ghz or even 2.09ghz and get the same results?

If so would i need a very elaborate cooling system?
    Would i lose large amounts of stablility?
    You should be able to take a 1.8 Northwood to 2.2 using the stock cooler, with no problems, IF you have adequite airflow through your case, and ambient temp is not too high.
    Many people have gotten a 1.6 to 2.3-2.4 with the stock cooler.

Comment

Unregistered you can overclock the Northwood 1.8. I am running mine @ 2.07 just by bumping up my FSB to 115mhz. It is running stable. I have bumped mine up to 2.25 with a FSB of 125mhz. It was stable at the speed also. I am running a EPOX 4SDA+ with a Thermaltake 7+ heatsink. My temps never go above 104 degress or about 43 celius. Hope this helps you out.

Comment

retail p4 1.8ghz northwood's can often go 2.5ghz stable with decent air cooling, can't complain about that ey :D

Comment

To give you an idea... I own a P4 1.6A processor and can do 2.4GHz in Windows, it even booted at 2.5GHz once but wouldn't go into Windows.
          Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
          Managing Director
          Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

uh huh, pretty damn sweet :D

Comment

I was pretty impressed.
              Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
              Managing Director
              Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

yeah, if only they were a little cheaper.....I'd recomend one over an AMD XP anyday.

Comment

cheaper? can Intel do that?

But, a 1.8 @ 2.4 would be schweet

Comment

They could...but I think thesedays they're alittle too (dare i say) greedy to actually do something nice for consumers:rolleyes2

Comment

stupid intel, if they lowered their prices, they wud sell alot more therefore making more money, well thats my idea ne way :p

Comment

Intel's got most of the market anyways.... Ever seen a Dell with an AMD?

Comment

Originally posted by zeradul
                          Intel's got most of the market anyways.... Ever seen a Dell with an AMD?
                          *cough* gut the dell + stick in athlon and socket a mobo*cough* :p
                          TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Now there's an idea! But you cant call it a dell anymore. Oh wait you could always call it "intel-less Dell" or "a better PC", then you'd be less deceptive to house guests that you show it to. I wonder if Andy gets house guests?

Comment

no it will still be classified as a dell cos it has the dell case and/or stickers :p
                              TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Working...
                              X