MX 1000 - How is the latency?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MX 1000 - How is the latency?

Time has come to buy a new mouse, and I am considering the MX1000. The problem is, I have an MX700 sitting at home unused because I cannot stand the lag it has. I know that lots of people can't notice the lag, and it is slight, but it's there , and I can't use the mouse for gaming, even though it is a really nice mouse for tracking and accuracy.

I understand that the MX1000 uses a different wireless transmission (fast RF), and that gives me hope, as it indicates that Logitech understood that there was an issue in this area, but all the same I don't want to be bitten twice. Is there anyone out there who has used both the MX700 and the MX1000, who can notice the lag on the MX700, and can offer an opinion on the MX1000? I've read plenty of people praising both the MX700 and the MX1000, but I need an opinion on the MX1000 from someone who is very sensitive to latency in pointer movement. If you are that person help me out.

Re: MX 1000 - How is the latency?

While I haven't used the MX700, I have used the MX1000 for a while now. I have played several FPS games and have noted no lag issues at all, not even small jumps. Don't know if this helps you, but I've been real happy with the MX1000 from both a productivity and gaming viewpoint.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

The thing that is keeping me from buying an MX1000 (I have a MX500) are the reports I have heard of when the mouse is picked up, it takes about a half a second to start tracking again when it is put back down. I consider myself a fast mouser, and I often find myself picking up the mouse during normal operation.

These reports, however, are not by any means formal, so I ask anyone who is right this instant using a MX1000, to please pick it up and place it down and move to see if there is any lag time.

Comment

I notice none when I use it even during gameply. Now if you let the mouse idle for several seconds, it does have a moments lag when you begin to move it again but it isn't very noticeable... and I generally don't have any idle time if I'm gaming hard so the issue becomes moot.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Haven't used it for gaming myself, but my mom has one (which is a rediculous waste of money for what she does with it), and I have used it. It's much better than most wired mice IMO. I haven't noticed any lag at all and she does play some stupid game where it would be a noticable problem, if it were one at all. If I were as rich as she is (if I weren't broke, to phrase it more accurately), I'd get one myself for gaming.

Comment

I use the MX510 which has a faster acceleration and higher DPI. It's wired but I do notice the lag on the other mouse (MX700). None on mine at all, unless the graphics can't keep up. It's also really nice for editing purposes. I'm sure the MX1000 is better in terms of "traction" but when you have a nice surface I wouldn't really go wireless. My mouse was also meant for gaming.

Comment

I bought the mx1000 when it first came out ^_^. I play cs with it and its great, its better than my old feel man logitech mouse..that was a great mouse btw. The reason it lags cause when you don't use it, it turns off to save battery life, and turns back on when you move it. But i have notice no lag what so ever...so i say its a good buy imo. ^_^
              CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
              Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
              RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
              GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
              PSU: Thermaltake 500w
              SC: Audigy 2 zs
              LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
              Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
              Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Originally posted by eat@joes
                I use the MX510 which has a faster acceleration and higher DPI.
                We're not talking about optical mice...

Comment

Originally posted by altangerel20
                  (( )*====> (,( )
                  gg or....
                  Gee some people need to learn how to communicate properly.

Comment

Originally posted by blowback
                    Time has come to buy a new mouse, and I am considering the MX1000. The problem is, I have an MX700 sitting at home unused because I cannot stand the lag it has. I know that lots of people can't notice the lag, and it is slight, but it's there , and I can't use the mouse for gaming, even though it is a really nice mouse for tracking and accuracy.

I understand that the MX1000 uses a different wireless transmission (fast RF), and that gives me hope, as it indicates that Logitech understood that there was an issue in this area, but all the same I don't want to be bitten twice. Is there anyone out there who has used both the MX700 and the MX1000, who can notice the lag on the MX700, and can offer an opinion on the MX1000? I've read plenty of people praising both the MX700 and the MX1000, but I need an opinion on the MX1000 from someone who is very sensitive to latency in pointer movement. If you are that person help me out.
                    While waiting for mx518, several months ago, I decided to try mx1000. So I bought it from Bestbuy. Unfortunately, this mouse is no good when it comes to fast reflex fps gaming. It suffers from the same good ol' syndrome of optical mice of the first generation skipping on fast flicks. It was amazing to see that a new mouse from Logitech, after several years of refinement of optical technology (laser in this case), can skip. MX100 had to go back the next morning.

Comment

I don't have that problem with mine. It does skip if the base falls down into my mess of cords where there are lots of things to interfere with the signal. Where it is right now, though, it has no problems with skipping on fast flicks. I love this thing. My only problem was getting used to a mouse so big and heavy, but now that I'm used to it, it's great.

That said, if I were looking for a new mouse, I'd probably go for a Razor or an MX518. The laser technology, although technically superior to optical, is too imature to beat those high-end wired gaming mice. If I were playing more CSS instead of BF2 I'd probably consider using the MX1000 as a mouse for a different machine and a Razor or something for the gaming machine.

At the very least, I'm impressed with the reliability and performance of the MX1000's Fast RF wireless. It's every bit as fast as corded and isn't easily interfered with. In fact, I have a different (an optical) Logitech mouse that uses Fast RF in the same room, and they don't interfere with each other at all.

Comment

I use the Mx510, the father of the Mx518, and it performs wonderfully. The 1000 also performs great too. I use it on my other machine for mainly editing purposes and such. What really helps out is a good mouse pad. I use a very hard, carbon mouse pad so the optical sensor and the laser don't jerk around at all. With most opticals/lasers you have to have a good mousepad or a good finished desk top. Other than that, there are no problems with the 1000, and for high fps gaming, such as BF2, you are still better off using a good wired mouse.

Comment

IMO it's fine for BF2. It's not really a "high-FPS" game in comparison with Counter-Strike. Your aiming skills, weapon, and games skills in general come more into play. In CS, 90% of what determines the outocme of a firefight is your ability to aim precisely and quickly, which is why I'd say a wired, high-sensitivity optical mouse will still be better than a laser mouse for some time. That said, I'd easily take my MX1000 over your average wired mouse. The wireless technology is a good as wired as far as I'm concerned, and I've found the MX1000 to be in no way inferior to my previous Microsoft wired optical mouse, which was pretty damn good on its own.

Comment

Originally posted by DevilsGT2
                            The thing that is keeping me from buying an MX1000 (I have a MX500) are the reports I have heard of when the mouse is picked up, it takes about a half a second to start tracking again when it is put back down. I consider myself a fast mouser, and I often find myself picking up the mouse during normal operation.

These reports, however, are not by any means formal, so I ask anyone who is right this instant using a MX1000, to please pick it up and place it down and move to see if there is any lag time.
                            Hey Devil, how is the MX500? I've been looking for something to replace my Microsoft Wireless Optical (Comfort Edition or 3.0). It's great for daily use but, when you hold a key down for about 15 seconds, it stops repeating (Which is bad for a driving game person, as myself).

Comment

Working...
                            X