Temperature Program?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Temperature Program?

Does anyone know where I can get a nice looking user friendly program that can monitor my case and cpu temps in real time? My mobo didn't come with one (EPOX EP-8KHA+)

Motherboard Monitor:
    http://mbm.livewiredev.com/
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Is there anything that I need to do in particular to configure this program to work with my motherboard? Its reading 32 degrees F and 0 degrees C....heh....

Comment

for temperatures click "temperatures" on the left menu.
        then select the first MBM 5 sensor, "sensor 1" by default, then select the 1st sensor on your mobo and do it for the second and third sensors (if you have more than 1 sensor on your motherboard) etc
        eg: on my mobo i only have one sensor, which is named GL518SM-1 so i set MBM 5 Sensor to "Sensor 1" and select me motherboard sensor to "GL518SM-1"

MBM also has fan sensors, so click "fans" on the left menu
        then do what you did b4 but this time for your fans
        TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

It worked my CPU is reading 109 degrees.....but that's after I played a half hour worth of quake 3...thanks

Comment

np :)
            TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

Hey demon... I have your motherboard, and here is a tip you can do to get your temperatures slightly more accurate... Epox keeps the sensor (which is located directly under and in the center of the processor) down a ways, and it does not actually touch the processor... So the processor has to warm the air, which warms the probe, in general that is ok, but somewhat inaccurate.

What I did, is take a tiny drop of thermal paste and apply it to the tip of the probe... then I set the Athlon down, and picked it back up, and a tiny amount of paste had stuck to the base of the processor, and so I added another tiny drop to the underside of the processor and then installed the processor and Hsf normally... If you have runny paste, you will not be able to do this, but you can use a piece of thermal tape, or any other material that will fill the gap.

Or you can just figure that your 109 is somewhat low and add 10 degrees :)

Comment

lol I'm gonna try that next time I take my PC apart for cleaning....thanks...

Comment

I use arctic silver 3 is this good for what you said to do with the temp probe? Arctic silver 3 is the same thing as arctic silver 2 in feel and how it spreads but it does get the temperatures lower by 2-3 degrees...degrees that I haven't noticed....anyway thanks

Comment

Well, I had a few tubes of the OCZ brand paste... and it is fairly thick, and I have not worked with AS2, or AS3, so I do not know what to tell you... Just remember to use as little as possible, and maybe someone else can comment on their thoughts about AS3 viscosity... hehe

Comment

Working...
                    X