Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Multiple things, mostly videocard.

I have alot of questions.

one, I'm having some issues with my new card.

for one, the shinyness from the dx9 in 3dmark 03 looks kinda bright and looks like someone went into paint and added white dots.

two I'm seeing white lines some of the times, in guildwars, in 3dmark 03 on the ragtroll part and in the cpu test of the flying part.

I upgraded from a gefroce4 ti 4600 128mb to a 6600GT 128mb

And here are my scores

3Dmark 2001 SE

Geforce 4 ti4600: 8763

3Dmark 03

Geforce 4 ti4600: 21745
    Geforce 6600GT: 6781

3Dmark 05

Geforce 6600GT: 1347

I was thinking about uninstalling dx 9 and reinstalling it.

My CPU is a little upclocked from 100mhz to 133mhz, and the graphics mode on the BIOS is set to 128mb, was half that when I got the MB a while ago.

I attached the dxdiag.txt

Here is a snapshot of the white lines in guildwars

they more or less look like that in other things.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by paleghost; 06-16-2005, 10:53 PM.

Re: Multiple things, mostly videocard.

They're artifacts from overclocking. Decrease your over overclock or increase your cooling.

Comment

Should i lower the Graphics Aperture Size Also? I always thought this was the amount used on the video card.

Comment

No. The AGP Arpeture size is the amount of memory set aside for use by the video card. Leave it where it is. Changing it can affect performance, but it won't fix your problem.

Comment

ok I downed the cpu to the min, no change, just slower speed. In guildwars, if the white lines are in a resizeable window I can shape the lines, and to get rid of them, I just snapshot. I'm thinking it is the driver thing again, I went up to 77 something, but went back down because nothing worked. This card is new, just got it yesterday.

Comment

Must not have been paying attention earlier.... Your CPU is overclocked. I thought it was your GPU that was OCed. You may be able to turn the CPU OC back up. BTW, what is your CPU?

Check to make sure the card's fan is working properly. If it is, you may simply need some better cooling for the case. You could also replace the video card's cooler or the video card entirely, since this shouldn't happen to a non-OCed card with a working fan, especially if it's a non-OCed system.

Comment

k, going to check the connectors,and going to roll with previous drivers for a while. If that doesn't work, I will send it back probobly.

Comment

Working...
              X