Win XP & Graphics Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Win XP & Graphics Problems

Is there a problem with Windows XP and NVIDIA drivers? I have a geforce 2 mx, my computers reboots when playing 3d games, i thought it was my cpu temp but am now thinking it may be the graphics drivers. Does anybody know of a problem / solution? Thanks

MRWAREZUK

What version of nVidia drivers are you using?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Im running winXP, the 28.32 dets and i got a GF2 mx, i experience no such problems. What motherboard do you have, does it have a via chipset, if so do u have the via 4 in 1 drivers installed? Just a thought. :?:

Comment

I have the VIA 4 in 1 drivers installed and nvidia drivers 28.32. Maybe it isn't the graphics

Comment

I was having the same problem with mine when i put on the det 28.32 drivers under win XP trying to play empire earth, I have since found a couple things that it could of been but i haven't tested them yet because i took XP off cause i needed it working properly.

Comment

argh still not working!!!
            I have used the standard drivers, used the newest drivers, reinstalled XP, installed 2k sp2, tested a heap of different games and all that happens is they quit, freeze or restart windows!

Help please!

Comment

Originally posted by SegiY
              I have used the standard drivers, used the newest drivers, reinstalled XP, installed 2k sp2...
              You what? You installed the Windows 2000 Service Pack 2 on Windows XP?!?!

Just for something different, try an older set of Det drivers. I'm still using the 21.88 drivers... :)

Comment

No i installed win2k and sp2, and i have tryed the drivers which came with it.
                If all else fails i'm putting on a 9x os tonight.

Comment

You never said if the Video Card worked ok with earlier drivers on XP, if the card was new or of XP was just installed. If the problem started with the new drivers you can remove the driver and install the earlier 1 or revert the drive with disk restore to a working state. If the card is new have you checked it is is firmly in the AGP slot etc. If XP has just been installed you could try a re-install. I have had XP on 2 machines with a range of drivers and cards ranging from G2 MX to G2 GTS to G3 Ti200 and never had a problem.

Comment

done those, installed a new (and different) copy of XP last night here is what happend:
                    I think my GeForce 2 is faulty, i have been trying to get it working all week, to get no answers only clues?

If it is fualty i'm going to check with stealth to see if i can pay a bit more and get a gf4 mx-440 or a gf2ti.

Here is the run down of the last 24 hours:

Also have used old and new detanator drivers.
                    Last night i did the most extensive testing i have done yet.
                    I installed a different copy of xp last night and i still was having problems?
                    I think it's to do with openGL, thats what jedi knight 2 tells me.
                    I got blues-shift working though, what i did was ran it on GL, it quit after a couple of min's (did not get off the tram), then swiched to software and it ran for 5-10mins? and then next time i looked at the monitor it was sitting on my desktop, so then i swiched it to Drirect3D and it ran for say about 1hour noprobs so i swiched it to software ran 30mins noprobs so tryed GL and ran fine?
                    quit blue shift, went back in to it and ran fine from the start on GL, so tryed JK2 and is acctually got into the game! 1-2min into playing and it has a GL error.
                    I think wolf worked fine but i did not play it for long.

Comment

Also try setting your AGP to 2x in the BIOS, and disabling fast writes if they are enabled

Comment

i suggest you try the 23.11 drivers

Comment

The problem is either to do with my mb chipset overheating from bad doublesided tape, or power supply not bigger enough.
                          I'm going to replace both.

Comment

re: SegiY

if u read the readme for empire earth you will c that they have found the incompatabity with amd chipsets and geforce cards, the suggested solution is to disable direct 3d T&L but i had the same problem and i couldnt get that to work, my temporary solution was to rollback the drivers to those that shipped with XP. when i put the latest detonator drivers on it seemed 2 work fine tho, so it may b a slightly different problem

Comment

The thing is that he's runnin' a SiS chipset and not and an AMD one. :smokin:
                              <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                              X