Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

I just installed an Nvidia GeForce FX 5200 (PCI) in an eMachines W2247/FIC AM37 MOBO/2600+ CPU. It has on-board graphics (ProSavage), which worked fine, until I turned them off, via BIOS, in order to use a larger 64Meg PCI card. This also worked fine for a couple months.

I recently installed the card mentioned at top. It works fine except for one thing. About 2 out of 3 times that I click on a file to open it or delete it, the screen will "blink" off, entirely black, for about 2 seconds. When it comes back on, everything's fine, it does whatever command I told it to do, and doesn't screw up again until I click the next file.

Anyone have any idea what causes this?? It's more irritating than anything, since it never does it during "normal" computing. I've tried 2 different sets of drivers. Both worked fine, except for this one problem.

I'm not 100% familiar with the countless options on the NVIDIA control panel, such as "Enable Throw Window Action", "Enable Keystone Image Correction", & "Window Snapping", so either have these set to "Auto", or turned off completely.

Any help?? Thanks in advance.

Re: Nvidia GeForce FX 5200

What drivers did you try?

Comment

The ones that came with the card + the ones that the web-site recommended.

Comment

As in nVidia's web site? If those don't work, then it's probably not a driver issue.

Unless someone more familiar with nvidia's control panel knows a way to fix this there, I can't thinkn of much. It could be a problem with this specific card, or it could even be a problem with the motherboard's chipset.

To narrow down the possibilities, try the card in another system and try another card in the same system, if you can. This would tell you if it's just that card, just that system with an added card (nevermind the onboard), or if it's just that combination of card and board (which would suprise the hell out of me).

Comment

Working...
        X