Audigy 2 ZS + 7.1 Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Audigy 2 ZS + 7.1 Problems

Hey, Just got a new custom PC, and put my audigy 2 into it aswell, plugged it in, set all the software up, but, when i go to test speakers, where she goes (front left, front right, etc etc) the goes threw, and when its up to the side ones, no sound comes out. Ive tried the onboard aswell (it supports 7.1) same thing, tried swapping speakers, they work, but middle still dont, so the plugs that go into the soundcard it self (and i havnt touched ANY thing behind the sub since i set it up, and it used to work fine) and changed the plugs around, when i did that, side ones would, but it would cancel out another set, ive used the origonal drivers that came with it, the latest creative ones off thier site, and the YouP HAX New Year hacked ones (which i used to use) and none of them work. Ive also set every setting posible in creative and the windows sound panel to 7.1, ive made sure nothing is muted aswell. Oh, one last thing, the speakers i have r the gigaworks s750. Thanks for reading threw the long post... if u got this far :P
    TaZ

Re: Audigy 2 ZS + 7.1 Problems

What did you test it on? cause alot of things aren't 7.1, even if you have that setup...your speakers won't get any output because the software or the music do not use that sound format.
    CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
    Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
    RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
    GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
    PSU: Thermaltake 500w
    SC: Audigy 2 zs
    LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
    Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
    Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

the creative speaker set up test, and the THX speaker test thing, also, used the unboard sound program tester.

Comment

Oh wow, then i am stumped, i never had that problem with 7.1. But then it was me just building it for someone and not for personal use.
        CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
        Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
        RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
        GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
        PSU: Thermaltake 500w
        SC: Audigy 2 zs
        LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
        Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
        Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

interesting. . .you said by switching the plug, your rear center speaker works, but it would cancel out another, i am thinking maybe its the plugs your using. also make sure you have digital output box unchecked in the speak settings option if the s750 are not digital speakers. keep us updated

Comment

Working...
          X