PNY Stock HSF compared to the Corb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PNY Stock HSF compared to the Corb?

I have looked and looked and I can't find no information on how well the Stock HSF on the PNY (I think visiontek uses the same) ti4400 are doing. I wonder if the Corb could do any better?

Anyone here sone any testing or have any info on this?

I don't actually have both to compare here, but I can assure you that you will be getting quite a significant temp decrease when using a corb over the stock unit.

Comment

Well, I was in seek of a GF4 cooling kit and alot of retailers that offer a kit said that since the stock HSF would probably do just as good as the Corb. I see the leadtek cards have a bigger heatsink than PNY ...I wonder if that is what they are talking about.

Comment

Well, look at the orbs. The fan is centered directly on the source of heat!. This means that before any cooling can be accomplished, it has to be conducted out and over to the outer fins. Inefficient.

I highly doubt that the orbs will be more than barely better than the average stock hsf. With EXTENSIVE oc'ing they might perform somewhat better the the stock ones, but either way, they still are mainly only good as a gimic that looks cool and wastes a PCI slot.

If they made a chipset orb out of copper, it would probably ALMOST be worth it.

Comment

ahhh...zeradul, the chipset cooler hibidad is talking about is the TT Crystal Orb, and it is made out of copper:p

But, Geforce 4 ti's come with very good stock coolers anyway, that actually blow air on the HSF and the RAM!...so i suggest keeping the stock one, but it'll pay ya to re-apply it with artic silver :thumb:

Comment

Thanks for the replies! I already applied AS II. The reason I am asking cause these cards get so hot. At stock speeds, it is very hot to the touch on the back side of the GPU. Maybe I should get an AGP Lift our mount a small fan with stand offs on the back side or something.

Comment

A case fan would help:p

Comment

already got em!

Comment

blowing the AGP, i meant...

Comment

It is??? I have one and I had no idea...

If that is the case, then I update my opinion to it being worthwhile for extreme over-clocking. The average overclocker and the average user will see no benefit, IMO...

Comment

The corb is definately better!!!

Comment

Don't ya just love blatent comments with no reasoning or evidence? :p

Comment

haha, yeah :D

Comment

Ha! Not only am I stuck in the wagon...looks like I drug eveyone else in with me :)

Comment

Working...
                            X