ASUS A7V333 (KT333) Mobo help !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS A7V333 (KT333) Mobo help !

First off, thx to all you guys who can give me any info on this matter. I am still a newbie when it comes to assembling computers but i do know the basics. My question is this.
    Right now in my system that i am building i have the following installed. Mobo, floopy drive,Cd-rom drive, bay coller for HDD, Harddrive, 1 additional 80mm fan in rear,Athlon XP 1800, Dragon Orb 1 cpu cooler, 256 MB PC2700 DDR RAM. This is a 300 watt AMD approved P/S. I plan on upgrading the P/S to 400 but for now it will have to do. Anyway, with these components installed i tried turning on the p/s just to do a test to make sure that everything will start to run properly. I am used to seeing the cpu fan start as well as the fan within the p/s. Neither of these things happened. The only indication of life that accured was that the LED that is built onto the mobo lit up. I checked the manual and it states that when that LED light is on it means the computer is in stand by mode. Is it normal for the fans not to start working on this mobo considering the components i have installed on it currently? I checked asus site but they do not have the q&a section up for this board yet. If it helps at all this is the version that supports RAID. Thx again for any enlightment you can give me.

Well think i just answered my own question on this one( slaps himself ). Apparently this motherboard goes into a sleep mode an shuts off all the fans when not in full use. Guess i better throw in the video card and go from there, just got to figure out how to wake this ***** up lol. Just thought i would post my findings for any of you other ppl who may be purchasing this board.

Comment

the orb draws .5 amps, the conector on any mb can only supply .3 amps, use the adapter supplyed with the orb and plug in to 4 pin molex conector (ie. hd power lead)

Comment

also look for a short mb to case, cd roms jumpered wrong, or powersupply voltage switch set to 230 volts or hd cables backwards {ie. red strip on wrong side}

Comment

I am having the same problem except my power supply fan does turn on for a short while. Same with the chassis fans. The only fan that does nothing is the cpu fan. All other fans are on for about a second before turning themselves off. Any suggestions?

Comment

nm, atx power loose.

Comment

Working...
            X