Spider-D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spider-D

Can anyone direct me to a place where I could get a picture of this m/b with the headers etc labeled??? The screenprinting leaves much to be desired. There are 2 headers in particular I need identified... P14 in the upper right corner of the board (2 pins) and P125 which is right next to the CMOS pushbutton. P125 is a 10 pin header with one pin missing for orientation.... it could possibly be either firewire or USB-1.

Can anyone help??? Thanks in advance...

omahamike

Re: Spider-D

Does the board manufacturer not have a downloadable manual?
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Re: Spider-D

Nope... it's from a Compaq 5423US, and they don't want ANYONE fixing OR upgrading ANYTHING they make!!!

Their power supply is proprietary also, yet the wire colors are the same as the ones on a 3rd party power supply. I originally wanted to move the motherboard into a server case and put 4 hard drive slide in's and a Maxtor PCI 133 card, but the wimpy power supply that came with it can't handle all that! I didn't ruin the mobo, but it wouldn't work. I called Antec and their tech told me that the power supplies were proprietary. So much for building a cheap server!!

So now I guess I'll just have to get a 3rd party mobo and use that P4 CPU (that is if it's not something special made for Compaq by Intel).

Comment

Working...
      X