Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will I get Performance boost AGP8x vs my 4xAGP

Helo,
    I'm new to the fourms here and was wondering I i could squeeze more life out of my old agp 4X mobo.I have a radeon 9800se 256bit vido card that i have softmodded with very little artifacts @325/580mhz.I have a asus a7v880 lying around and was wondering if i should use it to get better grapics performance..My system is as follows:
    Abit KD7-E
    Amd athlon xp 3000+barton 400fsb 1754mhz @ 333FSB
    1Gb PQI ddr400 2x512 sticks @ 333mhz
    SB live!
    300watt cheap amd crtified ps

Any thoughts would be appreciated!

Bill

Re: Will I get Performance boost AGP8x vs my 4xAGP

Moving from 4x AGP speeds to 8x AGP speeds will provide almost no real performance boost by itself... BUT... changing from the aged KT333 chipset to a more modern KT880 (which supports dual channel memory configurations if I recall) will make a difference. Check for stability, however, as the power supply you're using may cause problems when you start moving up the power scale.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Too bad i just found out the board has a bad bios. The asus board of course. I've never had good luck with asus boards(3 of em). GO ABIT!!!

Comment

eH, I like Abit and everything but I really prefer MSI. I had the 3000+ Barton core and an MSI K7N2-Delta with 1GB PC3700 DC ram. Clocked it to 2.4GHz on air without breaking a sweat. Granted that thing was loud as hell but you have to sacrifice some things. I had a Ti4200 128MB card clocked to 310/600 and scored a 12-13K on 3dmark01.

Comment

Working...
        X