Need Empire Earth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Empire Earth

Can anyone tell me if Empire Earth, "the much awaited sequel to Age of Empires", been released in Australia. If not when, and I finally statment " This probably be the only game I'll ever BUY!":laugh:

downloaded the demo the other day........looks like I will have to play age of empires before starting the EE demo :(

Comment

I downloaded the demo too..but it didnt work:(
      i'll try again later

Comment

yes, it has been released for a while.. i got a copy about three weeks ago.. tis a very sweet gamne.. :)

Comment

Beefy.......BEEEEEFFFFYYYYYYY..................... ............-holds out hand-:D :wave:

Comment

hehe EE, thats my copy, i love big LANs...(AGDC) was good if u found the "underground" ftp servers, there was not enuff disk space/time to get all the stuff i found at that LAN, muaha

gee, maybe that same sorta stuff would happen at MorBius, i sure hope not....

:thumb:

Comment

I bought the game.. i didn't copy it.. serious.. why don't you believe me? I did!

Mummy, make the bad man go away... *wanders off*

Comment

1. EE is in no way affiliated with Age of Empires. The sequal to age of empires is Age of Mithology.

2. THe only part of EE that impressed me was the BC era. Once they get into modern times the graphics become blocky and for some reason the russian barracks in world war 2 look like medieval castles

3. It attempts to use a zoomed in view in some scenarios which is completely impractical to RTS.

4. Love the medieval aspect of it though

Comment

1. EE is in no way affiliated with Age of Empires. The sequal to age of empires is Age of Mithology.

However, one of AOE's leading designers was part of the team for EE, and it does use a lot of very similar features...

2. THe only part of EE that impressed me was the BC era. Once they get into modern times the graphics become blocky and for some reason the russian barracks in world war 2 look like medieval castles

I didn't notice any blocky graphics.. I thoroughly enjoyed all the ages, though aerial warfare was a bit difficult to master at first.

3. It attempts to use a zoomed in view in some scenarios which is completely impractical to RTS.

Just for show.. still has the old and faithful top down view.

4. Love the medieval aspect of it though

loved the whole game.. got pretty darn hard in the later ages though.

Comment

Mmmmmm i thought the demo was crap, is it really worrth buying?

Comment

I spent 18 Hours playing my first game of empire earth.

It was good but not sure if its better than AOE2
                      http://community.smoothwall.org/foru...ic.php?t=20262

Comment

Im playing the demo seems pretty cool :thumb:

Comment

I like it better than AoE because:

3d
                          More technologies
                          No more replanting farms
                          Higher population cap
                          And, err....3d
                          The ships look cool when they sink.
                          See through buildings when people are behind them

A massed battle in the middle ages with seige weapons firing all over the place and blowing up looks really good.

Gripes:

Just can't zoom back enough to see enough action at once.
                          Hard to tell when buildings are near completion.
                          For some reason my Vikings are see through??

I give it 4/5

Comment

Originally posted by dejay
                            I like it better than AoE because:

No more replanting farms
                            In the expansion you don't have to replant farms

Comment

Originally posted by dejay

For some reason my Vikings are see through??
                              hehehe.. if you hadn't noticed already, your snipers probably are as well.. and if you are the enemy, you won't even see them.... :D

They are basically stealth units. They are invisible to the enemy until they get really close.. damn good for those early surprise raids...

Comment

Working...
                              X