ASUS PC Probe???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASUS PC Probe???

I am just curious if this program is working right or not. I have an ASUS A7V333 Mobo and the driver came with the asus probe utillity ( the one that monitors your temps and stuff ). Anyway, it reads my cpu at 62C and 147F. This just seems a bit odd to me, but then again it is like 86 degrees right now where i am. Is this normal, or is the program reading it wrong? I have an Athlon XP 1800 CPU and it is using a Thermaltake Dragon Orb 1 cpu cooler. Thx for any info you guys can give me on this. By the way i also have an additional 80 mm fan in the rear of the case as well as a dual fan bay cooler on the HDD. I am also adding a slot fan next week as well.

ASUS probe is VERY known for reporting bogus temps....everyone i know says it reports a temp around about 10°C higher then what it really is...so don't worry :D

Comment

Cool, thx for the info. Seems like i got nothing to worry about then.

Comment

yep...but you could still get a new HSF if you want lower temps....but for now, i'd say it's good enough.

Comment

well i have a mcx 462 and i get load temps mid to high 40's so i think it's pretti safe to day asus probe reports much higher temps:afro:

Comment

I`ve got a Asus A7A 266, and its much the same. Doesnt lock up or anything so i just ignore it. Mine actually sits nearer the 70 mark. Had read somewhere Asus temp probes where know to be a little outt

Comment

Yeah...just a LITTLE bit out ;)

Comment

yea well mine reads full load 37-38 when ambient isabout 7V...btw if you use an asus board...especially an A7266E...i suggest you flash to latest bios...as i did....and my 3d-mark went up about 200-300

Comment

Working...
                X