Stupid IBM Aptiva

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid IBM Aptiva

Hi,after successfuly overclocking my Celeron 733 on Asus FX to 1068 MHz........frend of mine & I tryed to clock his Cel 600MHz in IBM Aptiva 2194-34A........thats where we find problem,he didn't get any manual for that mobo. In that Aptiva there's some USI pro286 motherboard and after 2 days of searching we couldn't find anything about that mobo...not even one picture...not a single word....on IBM site they talk about everything but motherboards.......we find USI site but also no sign of that model.
    The problem is in BIOS there's three options for FSB...66,100 & 133,multyplayer x9.......but when we chage it to 100 or 133 nothing change so we asume that there's some lock on the mobo.........now that's real problem...on mobo there's no clasic jumpers or switch......
    not like this:
    . . . .
    . . . .
    . . . .
    only jumpers like this:
    . . . .
    . . . .
    and they are connected first two left verticaly...........
    Anyway,is there a chance that someone have manual or some expirience with this sh*t...............how do we change FSB .....thanks
    Begginer

ps.Sorry about my English.......................... :)

Your engerish is pretty good :thumb:

And the problem with overclocking your friends aptiva you already explained yourself. (sorta)

Brand-name computers rarely have the ability for users to overclock them. IBM remove any means of overclocking the computer so as to lower support calls.

Its not just IBM that do this, all of em do. Compaq, Dell etc.

Thats why its best to DIY.

Comment

Mate,thanks for answering....it seams that the poent is dont buy name....buy quality.... :)

Comment

Or even better... build it yourself and be assured of quality from the very beginning. :)
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Working...
        X