Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DDR 400 error

Hello,

I've got some weird problems with my memory, I've it curently set 333 because if i set it to 400 after 5 mins of using my PC (games or just internet surfing) I'm getting that error "Your computer will shut down in 60 seconds." I've checked for viruses and found none, and besides that this doesn't happen when i have it set @ 333mhz.

specs:
    AMD Sempron 2600+
    ECS KT600-A
    Kingston 512mb ddr400
    Geforce FX 5500

Bios DRAM settings:
    CAS LATENCY: 2.5
    BANK INTERLEAVE: 2 BANK
    PRECHARGE TO ACTIVE: 5T
    ACTIVE TO PRECHARGE: 7T
    ACTIVE TO CMD: 5T
    BURST LENGTH: 4
    COMMAND RATE: 2T COMMAND
    WRITE RECOVERY 3T

Any help is greatly apreciated, thx in advance.

Re: DDR 400 error

Unless you've manually set the FSB:RAM divider to be 1:1, by turning your RAM up to 200MHz (400DDR) you're manually turning your processor's FSB to 200, but its default is 166 (333 effective). This is a fairly significant overclock and may very well cause instability.

Granted, your error's most common cause is a well-known virus, so I'd make absolutely sure that it doesn't happen while the RAM is at 333.
    Last edited by Yawgm0th; 10-06-2005, 03:03 PM.

Comment

My cpu remains at 166 FSB at all time (doesn't matter if I have the ram set at 166 or 200). I have never encountered the error while the RAM was at 333.

Comment

Originally posted by iuli
        My cpu remains at 166 FSB at all time (doesn't matter if I have the ram set at 166 or 200).
        It shouldn't. The RAM speed and FSB are directly connected, so unless you manually change the RAM:FSB divider, any change in RAM speed will change the FSB. In any case, if you're FSB stays at 166, changing RAM speed to 400 isn't going to help performance.

However, let's look at some other options. When the shutdown sequence start, go to Start > Run and type in "shutdown -a" without quotes. Also, what specific message is it giving you?

Comment

So, i've set the ddr again at 400 and now im not getting the shutdown sequence anymore, but I'm getting the following errors, after about each 8 mins of being in a game it happens, the screenshots are from 2 different games. And those errors never appear when I have my ddr at 333, also bios shows my fsb as being 166 and my dram at 200. I didn't manually change the RAM:FSB divider.

Comment

Try increasing the RAM voltage and/or increasing the CAS latency.

Comment

I incresead the Cas latency from 2.5 to 3, and it seems to have solved my problem, no crashes since, I also tried to change the RAM voltage but couldn't find any option in BIOS that allowed me to do that, anyway I don't think it's needed anymore.

Thanks a lot for all the help.

Comment

Working...
              X