mobo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• mobo

I asked this question in my xp ram thread.. but i'll ask it here now... okay.. so i'm going to be upgrading my computer in a about a month.. and was wondering what is the best mother board , for value, i was going to get the asus a7v266-e raid... but i'm wondering if that is just over kill... i'm not sure.. i'm planning on getting an anthalon xp 1800 (is this the best value card out there)... thanks... for the tips... :thumb:

How many hard drives do you have/ plan to use in that computer.

Unless you really need raid (for what I don't know) purchasing a mobo with raid is like buying a white elephant.

Comment

okay.. so which mobo do you suggest... i'm planning on having one harddrive with 60 gigs of space.. i may add one more.. i'm not sure.. plus i'm going to have a dvd-rom, cd-writer, floppy drive, ....

Comment

The DVD and the burner can go on the same IDE channel (make sure the burner is Master), and the floppy works of it's own channel. This leaves the IDE channel #1 for your 60GB hard drive and another available device (future hard drive?) can be added later on.

Which board really depends on you. There a re a lot of very high quality boards around right now. Since you're going AMD, I would highly recommend one of the KT333 based boards. They offer great performance, most give you outstanding overclocking options, and the DDR333 support keeps you in touch with future technology.
        Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
        My Toys

Comment

Is there really a benefit from the Burner being in the Master position?

Comment

Some burners just like being in on Master. Seriously, there are some that will not be able to burn a CD unless they are on Master. It's strange.. but it's true.

Comment

Bingo! :)
              Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
              My Toys

Comment

i was going to get the asus a7v 266-e, is the abit kr7a any good... how about the MSI 6380 ( this one's a lot cheaper)...

Comment

Have a look at the EPoX 8K3A or EPoX 8K3A+ (RAID) as these are very good price wise and with the right memory and an unlocked CPU are able to get very high and stable FSB overclocks. :smokin:
                  <center>:cheers:</center>

Comment

Working...
                  X