Image Enhancement Programs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Image Enhancement Programs?

This is kind of a silly question but on CSI and movies like that you always see them with these crazy image enhancing programs that can make a picture of someone like a mile of in the distance and zoom in on their face and make it clear as a bell, I was just wondering if any programs like that exist and where I can find them.

Re: Image Enhancement Programs?

Photoshop is probably the most well known image enhancement program available with Corel also having one that is top of the line. If you want good functionality but don't have the big bucks for the two suites listed, Paintshop Pro can be had for around $60US.

Oh, and what you see on TV isn't the same as what you'll get in real life. When you begin zomming in on target areas of a digital photo, the resolution the picture was taken at will come quickly into play as well as the format it was saved in. Most cameras save their photos in a .jpg format, which is a compressed file format. When you begin zooming in on your specific areas of interest the picture will quickly become so digitized and pixelated that you cannot make out the content any longer. When I take photos of chemically developed latent fingerprints, I always use a .tif file type as it is more likely to allow me to zoom in on areas without the great amount os distortion I see in other file formats. It also weighs in at about 12x the file size.
    Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill
    My Toys

Comment

Working...
    X