Overclocking recomendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overclocking recomendations

Hi all, first off i would like to say thanks to all who reply to my post, i have never realy tried ocing untill now and would greatly appreciate any pointers you could give me. My system specs are as follows....
    300 Watt P/S
    Athlon XP 1800+
    ASUS A7V333 ( KT333 Mobo )
    256 MB PC2700 DDR
    40 GB 7200 Rpm HDD
    Geforce 2 MX 32MB ( Will be getting a geforce 4 Ti 4400 in 2 days)
    52x Cd-Rom Drive ( is not dvd or cdrw and is only cd drive on comp

For cooling i use a Thermaltake Dragon Orb 1 ( Average speed 5300 RPM) a bay cooler is positioned on the HDD wich uses two small fans, there is an additional 80mm fan in the rear of the case below the p/s. I also am installing a slot fan as well once the geforce 4 arives. Currently my system is running at around 55C ( Asus probe reads it at 61C but i hear it ussualy is inacurate on the readings so i am guessing 55C?) I have heard of ppl ocing their 1600XP to a 2000 without having to unlock it. I do not wish to buy a cpu unlocking kit at this time, i would just like to know what recomendations there are for my XP 1800+. Right now it reads the cpu at 1.53 Ghz. Think i can go higher? My RAM is running on the 4.5 (333Mhz) setting in the bios and i have had absolutly no poroblems at all with this system yet. Thx again for any info you guys can give me.

id say around 1.6ghz, the highest ive heard of a locked xp1800 going is 1.725ghz. you could try 12.5x133 MHz, or 1.666ghz-though i dont know if your heatsink would be able to manage it.

Comment

A friend of mine gets 1.83gz with his locked XP 1700+...not bad ey, he does have a beast of a HSF. MCX462. His temps are like, 38 full load. All that's holding him back from more, is the CPU voltage.

Comment

wow, what mobo is he usin?

Comment

He's using an Epox 8KHA+, excellant KT266A mobo, great performance, great overclocking :thumb:

Comment

Originally posted by FartyMcCrabLice
            Hi all, first off i would like to say thanks to all who reply to my post, i have never realy tried ocing untill now and would greatly appreciate any pointers you could give me. My system specs are as follows....
            300 Watt P/S
            Athlon XP 1800+
            ASUS A7V333 ( KT333 Mobo )
            256 MB PC2700 DDR
            40 GB 7200 Rpm HDD
            Geforce 2 MX 32MB ( Will be getting a geforce 4 Ti 4400 in 2 days)
            52x Cd-Rom Drive ( is not dvd or cdrw and is only cd drive on comp

For cooling i use a Thermaltake Dragon Orb 1 ( Average speed 5300 RPM) a bay cooler is positioned on the HDD wich uses two small fans, there is an additional 80mm fan in the rear of the case below the p/s. I also am installing a slot fan as well once the geforce 4 arives. Currently my system is running at around 55C ( Asus probe reads it at 61C but i hear it ussualy is inacurate on the readings so i am guessing 55C?) I have heard of ppl ocing their 1600XP to a 2000 without having to unlock it. I do not wish to buy a cpu unlocking kit at this time, i would just like to know what recomendations there are for my XP 1800+. Right now it reads the cpu at 1.53 Ghz. Think i can go higher? My RAM is running on the 4.5 (333Mhz) setting in the bios and i have had absolutly no poroblems at all with this system yet. Thx again for any info you guys can give me.
            I set my RAM at 4:5 in the BIOS as well, but when I run the memory bandwidth test in SiSandra, it seems like it's still at 133Mhz, instead of 166MHz, how do you verify that your memory is actually at 166x2=333MHz?

Comment

lol daeldulas u idot....keith overclocked to 1.73 not 1.83...and he has a hhc now ...although for a unmodded voltage and original stepping cpu that is an EXTREMELY good overlock:lips:

but not many ppl are lilely to reach that without modded voltage...although the new AGOIA stepping are really something...some ppl get 1.9ghz wiht an xp1600 with air cooling:afro:

Comment

Who are you calling an idiot.... junior tweaker

Comment

lol sorri dealdulas ......damn if i onli i had joined at the beggining instead of spending so much tiime at atomicmpc:afro:

Comment

Ey, don't you " " me sunny

haha :p

Comment

lol dun make my resort to my last line of defence! i get desperate for a comeback i can always say my hardware is better:no:

:cheers::cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Comment

Originally posted by chisholm
                        lol dun make my resort to my last line of defence! i get desperate for a comeback i can always say my hardware is better:no:

:cheers::cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:
                        Yeah, or you could just write lots of useless posts with tons of typo's, and more smilies then useful information...nah, you'd never do that would ya :p

Comment

:flames: :flames: :flames: course not

Comment

hehe :D

Comment

Working...
                            X