CAn anyone top this fps in Quake 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CAn anyone top this fps in Quake 4?

I just built a computer and ran a timedemo in quake 4 and I passed 120 fps on ULTRA!!! Can anyone beat this? I have a Fatal1ty mobo amd and XFX 7800gtx, gig of ram

Re: CAn anyone top this fps in Quake 4?

i have a 7800gtx, bfg tech, and for some reason i only average about 50-60fps on bf2. i have 2 gigs ocz gold series, amd 4200+, what's going on? so no, i don't think i can top yours. o, i have a dfi lanpary ut sli-d mobo.
    amd 4200 x2
    2gb ocz gold pc4000
    dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
    antec sp500
    bfg7800gtx
    zalman cpu cooler

Comment

What settings are you running the game on? What does it have to do with Quake 4? Battlefield 2 is a much more demanding game on lower settings than any Doom 3-based game.

If you want people to beat it, you'll have to provide the timedemo. Otherwise, it's pointless comparing. It would also be nice to know what resolution you ran it on. I could probably top that if I ran it at 640x480, and I only have a 6800GT.

Comment

i run bf2 on the highest settings, with all the different aa options and supersampling on the highest, i forget the resolution, it's like 1284 1024 or it may be 1600 1200. he was talking about fps, so i thought i'd comment. doesn't have to be souly doom based.
        amd 4200 x2
        2gb ocz gold pc4000
        dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
        antec sp500
        bfg7800gtx
        zalman cpu cooler

Comment

Originally posted by joshuajames
          i have a 7800gtx, bfg tech, and for some reason i only average about 50-60fps on bf2. i have 2 gigs ocz gold series, amd 4200+, what's going on? so no, i don't think i can top yours. o, i have a dfi lanpary ut sli-d mobo.
          For some reason you only get 50-60? seeing that your on a high resolution and high everything else it is to be expected..and even 50-60 is good.
          CPU: Opteron 165 @ 311x9 - 2817.8 mhz - 1.47v
          Mobo: Abit KN8-SLI
          RAM: 2x512 Crucial Ballistic Tracers500 @ 202 mhz 2-2-2-5 T1
          GFX: Asus EAX1950pro @ 648/1408
          PSU: Thermaltake 500w
          SC: Audigy 2 zs
          LCD: 22' Samsung 225bw
          Speakers: Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra
          Mouse: Logitech G5

Comment

Agreed. That's about right for a single 7800GTX. You might be able to do 70s with some tweaking or CPU overclocking. In fact, your CPU is probably your most-limiting factor. The dual-core part helps, and certainly reduces the need to tweak, but it still has a fairly low clock speed and probably limits your 7800GTX in that particular game.

Originally posted by joshuahames
            he was talking about fps, so i thought i'd comment. doesn't have to be souly doom based.
            Well Doom 3 performs incredibly well for it's level of quality, while Battlefield 2 is much more power-hungry that it should be. You could probably get twice the framerate in Doom 3 at max settings as you could in Battlefield 2.

Comment

yea, it would be a lot better if i new how to do any tweaking or overclocking.
              amd 4200 x2
              2gb ocz gold pc4000
              dfi utlpl nf4 sli-d
              antec sp500
              bfg7800gtx
              zalman cpu cooler

Comment

In Quake 4,
                I actually run the demo on Ultra, so if you put the game on Ulrta, then all of those settings including resolution are what is on Ultra. And Quake 4 runs well on a xfx6600gt i also have. On medium it will run 60fps in fihgts in multi well. So yall know

ahmfica

Comment

Working...
                X