Using task manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using task manager

I'm looking under my task manager. I'm curious as to what "physical memory", "kernel memory", and "commit charge" are. Hopefully, it's not too dumb of a question, but I'm a little new to this:-) Thanks in advance.

Commit Charge
    Provides information on the total memory used by the operating system. Total lists all physical and virtual memory currently in use. Limit lists the total physical and virtual memory available. Peak lists the maximum memory used by the system since bootup.
    Kernel Memory
    Provides information on the memory used by the operating system kernel. Critical portions of kernel memory must operate in RAM and can't be paged to virtual memory. This type of kernel memory is listed as Nonpaged. The rest of kernel memory can be paged to virtual memory and is listed as Paged. The total amount of memory used by the kernel is listed under Total.
    Physical Memory
    Provides information on the total RAM on the system. Total shows the amount of physical RAM. Available shows the RAM not currently being used and available for use. System Cache shows the amount of memory used for system caching.
    Totals
    Provides information on CPU usage. Handles shows the number of I/O handles in use. Threads shows the number of threads in use. Processes shows the number of processes in use.

Comment

Got it, thanks for the help.

Comment

Working...
      X