ABIT AT7 VIA KT333 = good or bad?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ABIT AT7 VIA KT333 = good or bad?

YES, I know I totally ripped the info below off Tweaktown's site for the system specs. However, since no one has posted about this board yet that I have seen, I was wondering if anyone has any real world experience with it yet? I'm always looking for the BBD out there and I really think it's time to retire my current mobo (KG7Raid) and proc (1.4GHz 266 Athlon). I am an ABIT phreak from way back so this is the most logical step for me right now.
    Another question, does anyone know any manufacturer that is selling CAS2 registered 2700DDR?

<p>
    ABIT AT7 VIA KT333

altho it has a few extra features, i wouldn't buy it, mainly because its legacy free....
    so if you have a printer that doesn't use USB, you have to either get a new printer to attach it to a computer on the network..
    TweakTown SETI@home Team

Comment

That makes sense Andy. But from what I've seen most new printers use USB only, more and more products will be legacy free as time proceeds, and with that I think we'll see more legacy free motherboards from other manafatures. Often in this industry it just takes one company to dive off the diving board and try something new for us to follow. It all depends what market the company is directing their product to in the end.
      Cameron "Mr.Tweak" Wilmot
      Managing Director
      Tweak Town Pty Ltd

Comment

it seems to suggest the sound does 24bit sp-dif (optical) and Dolby Digital AC-3 - is that just decoding to 5.1. can it support a optical AC-3 output. or can it do the holy grail (Nvidia style) and do Encoding??

Comment

Just heard about Milan Ouch!

RAM - go get mushkin rev2 - 2-2-.... get the idea! about 235$US to ship globaly 512Mb

living without legacy won't be that bad for normal use, unles you want to attatch things like GPS, cheap data loggers, Home built peripherals which use RS232 or RS482 or is it 3.

only other Q - Does it have hardwate CPUtemp monitoring using the CPUs own internal thermal diode?

Comment

Well, I have an Epson Stylus Color 600... About 5 years old now I figure. I don't mind replacing it even though it still prints a damn good pic. But as far as the NEED to replace it? Nope. I got 2 other puters in my place attached to my linksys router so I can just print to the network no prob (just as I do now when I'm on the other puters).

Legacy free sounds damn good though. Still, IRQ sharing could cause some probs (at least Im not using a SB card) since there are only 3 PCI slots. 1 for sound -- 2 for TV tuner -- and 3 for I dunno yet... Still, kinda small when the last few boards I bought have 5 or 6...

As far as CPU temp goes, my current KG7-R has a heat sensor under the proc... This one most likely will also... If not, I could get a digidoc if I get real concerned. :flames:

Comment

I love the box , and the mobo

Comment

Working...
              X