+12V Threshold?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• +12V Threshold?

Wasn't sure wich section to post this in so i figured here was the best spot. I know Asus PC Probe is pretty bad at monitoring things but i just wanted to know what you guys thing of this. In the monitor summary it shows that my +12V threshold is running at 13.3. In the settings i have the +12VThreshold set at 10%. Pc probe beeps and says that the +12V is running above the threshold. Does this sound like a problem, or is it just pc probe reading wrong again. What exactly does +12V mean as far as my hardware is concerned? I am using a 300 Watt ATX.
    Athlon Xp 1800+
    Asus A7V333
    256 MB PC2700 DDR
    40 Gig 7200 Rpm HDD
    Geforce 4 Ti 4400
    52x Cd-rom Drive
    HDD dual fan bay cooler
    80mm fan in rear
    PCI slot fan
    Figured i would post what this is powering just in case it is needed to help answer my question. Thx in advance for any info you guys can give me.

The +12v rail should definitely be running at 12v not anything else!....sometimes, generic PSU's cause the rail to run +/- .5v but yours is 1.3v higher which is quite a bit!...The best way to acturately test this, is with a cheap multimetre. But if Pc Probe is correct then you should get a new PSU fast...the higher voltage could be damaging to your components/hardware.

Comment

Yes I would definitely seek the opinion of a second method of determining the voltage.
      The reason a diamond shines so brightly is because it has many facets which reflect light.

Comment

Cool, thx for the info guys. I was planning on purchasing a 400 Watt p/s soon but with this new info i will buy it this weekend so that hopefully it will fix this problem. Thx again to you guys who take the time to explain newbie questions like the one i am asking.

Comment

Working...
        X